New Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa Triple

Reaction score
I read about new "hot rodded Marshall" mods, "Mesa" Mods, etc.... While I appreciate the efforts, I already have a Voodoo V-Rock and Mesa Triple. I have no need for preamps that try to copy those tones.
What I would like to see Randall do is create new modules with UNIQUE tones such as the 1086 (their best mod to date!). That module does it's own thing and is extremely versatile. Others have talked about a Warhead mod. Randall has long been known for their great solid state amps and a solid state preamp module along with the 100 watt tube output would be unique and not have to emulate any other amps. Since the Brown mod has been discontinued I'm afraid that one of the new mods is just going to be a modified version of the Brown???? Please Randall, come out with a Randall #1 - a new module with a sound of it's own.

I know that there are going to be people who are going to be disappointed on both sides of the "what amp is this module/we want new modules" aisle. The new Hammett modules aren't really based on any particular amp. We may have started off w/ a specific design, but these were made specifically for Kirk to what he wanted in a tone. These modules (very much like the 1086 and the Lynch modules) are the tools that we have made for an artist to achieve the tones they hear. Like many of you have experienced, weather you are a fan of the artist or not these signature modules go beyond just the needs of the artist and are very versatile for many styles and players. Please do not limit you conception of what tones will be available because an artists name is attached to it or it is modeled after a specific amp.