Newbie to the forum and MTS in general

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been fighting the dualie bug and have been successful so far...But if I were heading out on a set of bigger shows again I would seek out an M50 and a couple modded dualies in a heartbeat...

I know drew knows his stuff with this and wouldn't be switching to dualies if it didn't make sense...

Many of us are happy with our singles but would be lying if we said we'd turn down an additional set of options...

There's my .01...SHould find another cent here somewhere...

zepplin490 said:
I wont take anything to heart due to the fact that u are an idiot :)
-mp-
:D
Oh, so true.

Edit: I'd like to add that single channels are great and obviously more affordable. It seems like for your purpose, they are exactly what you need. Dual Channels would probably be a waste for your setup. I only wanted to give the other side.

Cheers, no offense was intended. 8)

Mattfig said:
I've been fighting the dualie bug and have been successful so far...But if I were heading out on a set of bigger shows again I would seek out an M50 and a couple modded dualies in a heartbeat...

I know drew knows his stuff with this and wouldn't be switching to dualies if it didn't make sense...

Many of us are happy with our singles but would be lying if we said we'd turn down an additional set of options...

There's my .01...SHould find another cent here somewhere...

In a home recording situation it really doesn't make much sense to have dual channels.

In a live situation it makes sense FOR ME. Generally, I'd set:
1) Clean
2) Drive
3) Dirty Rhythm
4) Lead
Seems to make sense to me, for me.

Hey guys. Portability is not an issue. When I play out I'm not concerned about weight of the rig nor space that it occupies. I've ALWAYS played through a 412. I have other options (too many actually) but I'm not happy unless I've got the 412.

Will the m4 work for single channel modules? Although I can't find one anywhere I did see that BE might make some more.

Yes it will work with both dual and single. That's why I was recommending that route as Bruce Egnater is asking for folks to express interest for a new build of units.

If I knew then what I know now, I think I would have gone the dually route. More is better, is it not. :lol: Besides it gives you the option of either single or dual channel modules. And if Bruce is putting out the new M4s, the RM4 & some mods will be on the block. Yes it is more $$ upfront/module, but the options are interesting. I can honestly say I would love to be able to select between the Crunch/OD on my SLOD100, or stock Brahma/#39 mod on the Brahma #39 from the footswitch. Sure a little EQ may be needed (unless Rob can find & figure a way touse stacked potentiometers that fit the PCB).
As others have said, in a studio it really isn't neccessary for duallies, but still why not.

I'm a rack guy, so RM4 or M4 is my suggestion over a head, especially if space & weight are not a concern.

I know that the talk is of Bruce making some more m4s. But, does anybody have one they want to sell now? Just curious as that looks like the route to take.

What about powering it? Is the rt 2/50 the way to go? What is the Egnater version of that? What are you rack guys using as a power amp?

Ed

Imselln said:
I know that the talk is of Bruce making some more m4s. But, does anybody have one they want to sell now? Just curious as that looks like the route to take.

What about powering it? Is the rt 2/50 the way to go? What is the Egnater version of that? What are you rack guys using as a power amp?

Ed

When I sold my M4 recently I got over $700. Bruce is talking sub $500 for this run of M4s, I realize the numbers are preliminary.

Egnater does not have a power amp of which I know. Guys, correct me if I'm wrong. I always used a VHT 2|90|2, which I sold off after my M4 was offed.

The only caveat with the rm2/50 is they're no longer produced. I love the difference in tone and feel at the flick of a switch.