Next Vid: JF Rverb ... Whatcha wanna see/hear?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matt,
you are so right,,youtube sux for audio! For example I thought that Morpheus DropTune pedal would be cool..well.....despite pretty good sound, acc to youtube clips, once I heard it for myself its just not quite up to the task..maybe with the next firmware upgrade.
Matt, why mp3? why not some wavfiles (44.1 khz)?

GtrGeorge

GtrGeorge! said:
matt,
you are so right,,youtube sux for audio! For example I thought that Morpheus DropTune pedal would be cool..well.....despite pretty good sound, acc to youtube clips, once I heard it for myself its just not quite up to the task..maybe with the next firmware upgrade.
Matt, why mp3? why not some wavfiles (44.1 khz)?

GtrGeorge

Hmmm...Hadn't thought about wavs...Hosting is the only issue that comes to mind...I'll look into it...

As for that Morpheus thingy....I bought one too- based on youtube...Perfect example of hiding a product's flaws with poor audio...I was so excited to be able to change tunings with a pedal...Total bummer...Both Droptune and the Capo one sucked...Great concept though....

disk11 said:
Any teasers/short clips you are willing to post?

Not a bad idea....I've actually started the clips so it shouldn't be long....Just trying to find the sweet spot and proper configs....In the demos I'm playing it thru the RM22, RM100, and RM4 + RT2/50 for some variety...

wow..
seems you are really doing this RIGHT,Matt!!!!
..and yeah, the drop tune needs some help. I hope That company gets it together..right now I just cant use one live..and believe me I wanted to!!!
And Matt, whenever the clips happen..its cool..thanks in advance for doing them!
fwiw you should be able to get wav files onto the web without to much trouble . If you want to just cut to the point..very littlenarration (just "labeling") and then the guitar sounds..) if its a wav file with 22.1 khz sample rate and 16 bits you should be able to really get the point across VERY VERY well.
You dont need 44.1 khz....is what Im saying. The guitars overtones drop off pretty quick and you shouldnt have any apreciable loss if done at 22khzsample rate.
Cheers!
GtrGeorge

Anxiously await the module review!

Fig, not to go off topic but I think we need a video tour of the studio when you're done man.

Hey guys,

Just another update...The clips are being re-done this weekend- sorry...You know how sometimes you play a mod for awhile and then realize something unique about it? I had that with the RVerb...I can simply say that I've tapped better into the dryness of the tone (not VHT dry or anything) and everything recorded previously sounds less than what I can get now even at low volumes...It was not so much how I set up the module but more in the means of recording it...

Anyway, I'm moving on this...Sometimes I fly right through and sometimes it takes more time than I budget...Right now I just haven't had enough time to do it right...So every recording up to this point has been more of a reference than a product...

Sorry for the delays guys...I know there are several of you wanting to hear this module and for good reason...I just don't wanna skimp on the presentation with regard to tone...The video will be as ridiculous and shitty as the others... :)

Update:

Recording clips with live drums...Couldn't take any more e-drums even if they are sickly convenient and well-made...

I'm doing all the tracking at home now that the home studio is back up and running...The drums are mic'd, routed, and have a good live mix...I have a few riffs I've been playing with and plan to do some really heavy stuff, some crunchy stuff, and some subtle stuff...This mod can do it all...

The vid will be as dumb as ever as I'm just letting the camera roll while I do everything...Should be about 40 hours long.... :D

disk11 said:
Unless someone duplicated my requests, you can ignore them. I just went out and got one :twisted:

How do you like it?

Update: Tracking out the last of the demos...4 in total...About 45 seconds to a minute a piece...Will make them available in wave format too when ready...

The vid is gonna take a little longer... :oops: I've finally decided to go with a real computer...Making these vids has been fun but has proven how quickly computer crap goes obsolete...I was waiting lengthy periods making these vids while it "rendered." Then, at times, it would freeze up or close... Drove me insane and took about 10 x longer than it should...The good news is I've ordered a new loaded MacPro and should be shooting videos outta my *** by Thanksgiving! Got the RVerb, OD Special, and SL-OD100 in this next series...I have them all in the RoD right now and they're fantastic...

Mattfig said:
disk11 said:
Unless someone duplicated my requests, you can ignore them. I just went out and got one :twisted:

How do you like it?

It's very nice, though not quite what I expected. Not as much gain, as I need the gain above 3 o'clock with the gain switch on to get my crushing BR00TALZ, but the tones are great. It is nice having a good classic rock/80s module to switch things up from the other high gainers I have.

disk11 said:
Mattfig said:
disk11 said:

How do you like it?

It's very nice, though not quite what I expected. Not as much gain, as I need the gain above 3 o'clock with the gain switch on to get my crushing BR00TALZ, but the tones are great. It is nice having a good classic rock/80s module to switch things up from the other high gainers I have.

Cool...Although I'm surprised about the not enough gain comment...Do you have it in crunch mode or extreme? I find mine to be one of the heaviest I have in my arsenal...But we probably just define "heavy" differently... :)

How many versions of this thing are out there, anyway? Mine (built in April) has the gain-boost feature but no mid-voicing switch.

I agree with disk11 that the gain, while high, is not stupendously so. It works well with a clean boost, however, and never gets noisy.

Yeah I think we are. It's labeled gain boost.

I still feel that even with that engaged I need the gain knob pretty high, but I'm talking death/extreme metal tones. Maybe once I fix up my RM4 I'll switch the tubes around, maybe the JJ's it has are old.

disk11 said:
Yeah I think we are. It's labeled gain boost.

I still feel that even with that engaged I need the gain knob pretty high, but I'm talking death/extreme metal tones. Maybe once I fix up my RM4 I'll switch the tubes around, maybe the JJ's it has are old.

Perhaps so...Old tubes can be dead sounding...My faceplate has the gain boost labeled with a bright pic...Rob uses that switch for crunch and extreme modes on other mods so I assumed...Same thing in the end...Cool mod but I see where death/extreme metal may not be its forte'....It can get there with a nice boost...