NGD - Baden A-style

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitaminG

Reaction score
sitka spruce top with rosewood back & sides, fishman matrix infinity preamp

2011-04-21111654.jpg

i like a guitar with no inlays...it has a cleaner look. HNGD! It looks nice. I am in desperate need of a real quality acoustic guitar. I like the wood choice on it. The rosewood sides look great. I like the simplistic look.

I'm a fan of the clean look too :D

Despite it's simplicity, there are some nice details on this one too. The plain rosewood rosette with a triangle of bone. Maple purfling with rosewood body binding. Ebony tuner buttons. Ebony & shell bridge pins. Bone nut & bridge saddle. All internal bracing has been sanded (probably nothing special, but a nice attention to detail compared to the mass produced acoustics I'm used to)

I've just got to stop playing her long enough to put a set of 12s on her ;)

VitaminG said:
I'm a fan of the clean look too :D

Despite it's simplicity, there are some nice details on this one too. The plain rosewood rosette with a triangle of bone. Maple purfling with rosewood body binding. Ebony tuner buttons. Ebony & shell bridge pins. Bone nut & bridge saddle. All internal bracing has been sanded (probably nothing special, but a nice attention to detail compared to the mass produced acoustics I'm used to)

I've just got to stop playing her long enough to put a set of 12s on her ;)
i hear ya on the 12's. cept i use them for low tuned death metal on my jackson king v. from what you say it sounds like this is a quality instrument. i'm looking into learning how to make guitars myself (at this point solid body electrics) so i am learning to spot those little bits of detail.

just did a bit more research on baden guitars. looks like they can run at pretty high price and for good reason. i am going to look into one of these.

That's beautiful man. Ebony fretboard too? Can't really tell from the picture.

VitaminG said:
no, rosewood fretboard. It is a really nice, close-grained piece of wood though.

Yeah, that's why I couldn't tell. Looked super smooth like ebony. Either way, beautiful work man. How much does something like that run?

chuckmehh said:
Yeah, that's why I couldn't tell. Looked super smooth like ebony. Either way, beautiful work man. How much does something like that run?

They retailed for around $2800 over here.

But since the apparent demise of the company, some stores have been clearing them out. It seems that stores have had trouble moving them because no one has heard of Baden. Even the guys at the guitar shop didn't know much about them. They just lack the brand recognition that drives sales of Taylors, Martins, and over here, Matons.

I picked this one up for $999

VitaminG said:
chuckmehh said:

They retailed for around $2800 over here.

But since the apparent demise of the company, some stores have been clearing them out. It seems that stores have had trouble moving them because no one has heard of Baden. Even the guys at the guitar shop didn't know much about them. They just lack the brand recognition that drives sales of Taylors, Martins, and over here, Matons.

I picked this one up for $999

**** that seems like a killer steal given the retail! How does she sound?