NGD - RM100

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Reaction score
Some might call me crazy. But I traded my EVH 50w and a hundo to get this and a Tourmaster 2x12. Love the Blackface. Cleans are way cleaner than my EVH mini. SL+ is awesome as I expected, I really have been wanting something British-ish. It does my 6 string stuff. The KH3 does all my 7 string duties perfectly. Attack and note note separation are way better. The JJ6L6GC were biased at 24mv?! Changed that to 32 and threw my JJ 6550's in the middle that I had laying around. Guy that traded me said he did the Foglifter mod. Had no idea what he was talking about till today, but after research here I'm very glad.

You're not crazy, that seems like a pretty good trade to me.

Welcome to the madness! \m/

Thanks! My Traynor cab has Legends and Swamp Thangs in an X pattern. Was always looking for more lows with my Peavey Ultra and rack rig, then the EVH. I could probly back off on that now and put Swamps in the bottom and a v30 clone up top. Lotta bite coming outta this rig.

Also, gonna miss my Red channel on the 5150. Is there a stock module for this? Does it suck unmodded? Know about the S1S0, but I won't be investing considerably for a bit in modules/mods. I have the GSP 1101 for now to cop that tone to get me by.

Also, my Eno Crunchbox clone has been useless till now, but running thru the Blackface with my Bad Monkey in front to cut the flub is getting me a pretty good Orange patch. Good info for those who experiment with pedals.

There's lots of modukes that do the EVH Red Channel modern high gain sound.
Unmodded, you're looking at the Ultra or Ultra XL.

Modded, there's tons from Jaded Faith, Salvation and Sacred Groove mods. Just take a look.

On top of that, Rob at Jaded Faith can do base mods any module starting at $99, suited to your tonal needs. Best bang for the buck out there.

Ok, I read that the Ultra XL was more of a Dime sound. But years ago read that it was a 6505 type lead channel, was confused thank you. First thing I'm looking to do is the cap mod on both the SL+ and KH3. Also wanna do the JCM 800 tone stack mod on the SL+. There's a place in Salem that will do repairs and what not for $10 a solder.

buriedorburned said:
There's lots of modukes that do the EVH Red Channel modern high gain sound.
Unmodded, you're looking at the Ultra or Ultra XL.

Modded, there's tons from Jaded Faith, Salvation and Sacred Groove mods. Just take a look.

On top of that, Rob at Jaded Faith can do base mods any module starting at $99, suited to your tonal needs. Best bang for the buck out there.

Thanks, read this again and had forgot about it. Looking into getting the KH-3 turned into 5153, maybe with the blue channel. Gonna get the SL+ modded to 800 by a local guy.