Noisy pedals in serial loop of RM50HB

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

distortoman

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been using the Randall RM50HB head for a little over a year now. For guitars, I use a Schecter Hellraiser and an Epiphone Les Paul Custom. Both guitars are loaded with EMG's, 81 Bridge and 85 Neck for the Hellraiser, and just an 81 in the Bridge for the Les Paul. I have been running my Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor and Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner inline between my guitar and amp. But I've decided that I would rather run both pedals through the serial loop of the RM50 head, so that they don't affect the tone of my amp at all, because I've noticed that plugging directly into the amp without the pedals sounds better than when I go though the pedals. The Boss pedals are not true bypass. Well, the other day, I tried running both of my pedals though the serial loop of the amp, and when I did this, there was a very audible and annoying 60 cycle hum from the amp, no matter how I set it. I have read up about how the loops of the MTS series amps are designed for line level effects, such as rackmount processors and gates, and I know that this is causing the problem. MY QUESTION IS: Is there a product that will convert my Boss pedals so that they are line level, so I can run them in the Serial loop so that there is no hum? Any help would be greatly appreciated!