NPD - MI Audio Blues Pro

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VitaminG

Reaction score
yesterday, actually. :)

scored an awesome deal on a great overdrive pedal on the weekend. You can never have too many

MI Audio Blues Pro v3 (the latest version) for $25. It's a Boss BD2-type pedal, nice thick chewy overdrive, but true bypass and top notch components. It also has a pretty funky "Fuzz" option. Don't have a fuzz on my board so it will fill a niche.

The pawnshop sticker said "needs power transformer" or something similar. They were apparently unaware that you have to unscrew the back panel to access the battery. So what they thought was a missing component actually meant a seriously under-priced pedal for me. The price tag was obscured so I had to ask them how much & fully expected them to say "$90" or thereabouts. They retail for around $140 here & even on ebay, people will ask upward of $60 for any MI Audio pedal.

Works great for slight breakup to pretty heavy overdrive into a clean channel, or for a clean boost into drive. And anything in between. Whether clean boosting or ODing, there's just more girth than a trad TS style OD. Less mid-hump too. And useable gain through the full sweep.

The fuzz is great by itself (have to turn the gain right up for it to work properly), but into a drive channel, it's just sputtering and crackling all over the place. Way cool. I've seen plenty of online discussion about how good (or not) the fuzz option is. It does not sound great with the gain turned down. If you're looking for light fuzz, forget about it. But crank the gain and it comes alive. In this mode, the tone knob becomes more of an attack control and will attenuate how buzzy or sputtery things get.