Oh come on, nothing at all?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my guess is the U curve was very close to happening, they hit a snag and now we'll never see it again

crankyrayhanky said:
my guess is the U curve was very close to happening, they hit a snag and now we'll never see it again

My guess is that it looked better cosmetically than it functioned as a prototype. I can't imagine too wide a sweep with those sliders.

Right now with the economy the way it is .. and don't expect miracles - this thing was 25 years in the making and could go on for a few more years - no one is really doing much selling of anything.

I don't see anything other than the "big four" in most stores in the tube amp market. I see Randalls, but they're lower end solid state stuff. I've seen the exact same 100W tube heads in the same store for the past two years. Those that have sold are not being replaced in inventory -- this goes across the board.

The only stuff I'm seeing come in and go out are the inexpensive amps. I'm talking under $400 stuff. The moderate priced stuff gets tested and played but not purchased. It's like people go in for a test drive on a new one, then try to find one on craplist or fleabay. High end stuff is selling about at the same rate it always has -- cash with the well to do bedroom players and well off hobbyists. Peaveys aren't even moving.

So how can we expect Randall MTS to be selling in stores?

Our local GC recent moved a Diezel...... from Tacoma to the Seattle store. No money in the south Puget Sound. It might be a great amp, but who has $3800? Maybe a lawyer or doctor. The demand locally seems to be for used DSLs.

If you meant that I was being negative sorry to offend you..but alot people dont really know whats going on..all they know is they cant get a product.....at least now they know why....and have some clue about how to avoid being taken advantage of.
GtrGeorge

Julia said:
I don't see anything other than the "big four" in most stores in the tube amp market. I see Randalls, but they're lower end solid state stuff. I've seen the exact same 100W tube heads in the same store for the past two years. Those that have sold are not being replaced in inventory -- this goes across the board.

The only stuff I'm seeing come in and go out are the inexpensive amps. I'm talking under $400 stuff. The moderate priced stuff gets tested and played but not purchased. It's like people go in for a test drive on a new one, then try to find one on craplist or fleabay. High end stuff is selling about at the same rate it always has -- cash with the well to do bedroom players and well off hobbyists. Peaveys aren't even moving.

Very astute observations.

ridiculous prices...
yeah I hear you...
I suppose after the store gets REAL tired of cleaning the dust off of certain gear THEN they'll sell it...but then ...which store would lower its prices sooner..GC or the local guy?
I bet GC can hold out longer..they have large reserves of cash,and resources...
so again..just go to the local guy..you will do better, I estimate every time.
btw:Gotta laugh...I was in Vegas and saw a closed GC..totally gone..tumbleweeds the whole deal.
The local guys however..still surviving. Good for them I say!

Guitar Center is really hurting.

The "local" stores are surviving on band instrument rentals for school systems