Opinions on Best Replica Modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ricky said:
Probably the one that I own that nails the original the best would be my tweed. I had Rob do the basic upgrade on my stocker and it came back with all of the weirdness of the stocker gone. I used to play on a lot of 410 Bassmans in my Austin days and this one completely nails the old tone. It is never pristine clean, so it starts with some nice tube warmth and then just gets more "singy" and warm as you turn up the gain. Plus it was very reasonable as compared to the full on upgrade.

Do you have any clips of it. I realy like my tweed but I feel it just is missing something.

hellaboogie said:
Which module/ modules best replicates the amp it's designed after.
Stock, modded, ect.[/quote)

Love the Jaded Faith Erect (can get real thick ans meaty)

Cheak it out on youtube.

I don't have any clips right now and I am too swamped to make any in the next few weeks. Sorry, wich I did. What I did is describe the problem to Rob. I described it as "woofy." He said that he knew what I meant so I sent it to him and it came back with all of the great tone minus the "woofy." He used to have a clip on his old site. I don't know if it is still there, but I bet he might still have it. Plus, I got a cool faceplate later. It is kind of vintage looking...

hellaboogie said:
Jaymzrock said:
The S1S0 I had was an amazing replica of the 5150/6505(+). It really truly nailed the essence of the amp and was actually more fun and had more character. It had several options so its versatility was top notch too.
Sweet, good to know, I'll have to look in to this module

I bought Jaymzrocks salvation S1SO. It's an awesome mod (cold dead hands mod) I love it for Metal.

Also just got my Markus. HOLY S..T. In your face agression. Stomp on the OCD and Volume to 11.

These mods are 1 and 2 in my cab now. After my stuff comes back from Rob I'm going to need another amp!

Mike P said:
hellaboogie said:
I play mostly high gain brutal metal, I favor ENGL amp tone, I'm trying to get a general consensuses of some of the more favorable modules that really hit on the original amp vibe they are replicating
but yes I would be most interested in high gain.

The Salvation Angel absolutely nails the Engl tone. I sold my Engl after acquiring the Angel.

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/desolution.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/ridethewave.mp3

100% agree with Mike. I'm going to sell my Engl Special edition head now. I ran the Angel E through the Engl power (effects return) and It was hard to tell the difference. Killer module...
It's the only one I've owned that nails it that close (plus it nails probably the best hi-gain tone you can get in the first place)

I am getting a Mercury Magnetics output transformer to improve the RM100.
The Angel sounded slightly better through the Engl. Hopefully, this will make the difference I'm hearing.

grbassist said:
Mike P said:
hellaboogie said:
I play mostly high gain brutal metal, I favor ENGL amp tone, I'm trying to get a general consensuses of some of the more favorable modules that really hit on the original amp vibe they are replicating
but yes I would be most interested in high gain.

The Salvation Angel absolutely nails the Engl tone. I sold my Engl after acquiring the Angel.

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/desolution.mp3

www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/ridethewave.mp3

100% agree with Mike. I'm going to sell my Engl Special edition head now. I ran the Angel E through the Engl power (effects return) and It was hard to tell the difference. Killer module...
It's the only one I've owned that nails it that close (plus it nails probably the best hi-gain tone you can get in the first place)

I am getting a Mercury Magnetics output transformer to improve the RM100.
The Angel sounded slightly better through the Engl. Hopefully, this will make the difference I'm hearing.

Sweet that's good to hear, I'm a big time Engl fan, I currently have the Engl Savage 120 and the SE570 preamp that I'm running through an VHT/FRYETTE 2-90-2 power amp, I want to see how close the Angel can get to the amps I have. let me know how the Mercury Magnetics output transformer works out for you, I'm most interested

Well, my JF Rverb ..ORANGE TONES galore

JF ODS. Unbelievable Dumble tones

JF Brahma plus... wicked Hot Rod Marshall tones

SG Plexi.. my old Plexi 50 and then some..........