Output tubes EL34's- Svetlanas, positive review

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kapo_Polenton

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I'm loving these svetlanas... they've broken in a bit and I'm really digging these. I buy my tubes here in canada from http://thetubestore.com/ne-el34.html . Maybe they are considered budget tubes and they are not JJ's, but I am digging the hell out of these and they are as described in the description. Love me my mids I do. Anyway, apparently these and tung sols are the "value" pack for refitting a Marshall. Works for me! I think I'll try the tung sols next as they are supposed to be similar to the chinese 12AX7's and that is what I use for the most part throughout my amp and modules for the gain factor.

Anyway, in case some of you are looking for alternatives, give these a shot. It seems the solution pitched always seems to be to outfit your amp with JJ's when I read through other forums. I figure if svets are good enough for Slash, they'll be good enough for me!

I tried lots of tube type and different brands of them.
The Svetlana Winged C is by far my favourite EL34.
They have a crunch in mid-high frequencies that's unique.
Only very expensive...

I tried some 6l6s. Didn't like had to go back to the el34s they do sound really good compared to other tubes I have tried

I used to love EH 34's, believe it or not, in my Mig 60 and have yet to try them in the RM100. I am loving the Winged C's in there but would like to learn of another brand that didn't jump up to a ridiculous level in price that I can mix in with the ones that I have.

I have a set a JJ 6L6's in with the C 34's now. I initially was not too hot on the tone but have warmed up to it. Maybe I will try 6CA7's or something else for the mix. I am down to 6550's in backup after that.