Pedals to use for the RM series

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As most folks know, I am a pedal junkie.
I have tried a ton of gain/boost pedals in front of the RM series amps for a bit more kick for solo's.

Tell ya guys, Just a good ole TS 808 in front of the Plexi or JTM simply rocks.

I have over 300 pedals at the shop, so if you want me or you to try one, just hit me up.

Gregory

I was hooked on an older Ibanez TK-999 Tube King ...the one made in Japan with the noise reduction knob.
I loved it in front of my Fender Blues DeVille 2-12" combo.
Was told several times it sounded like a Marshall :)

I have had the older and newer models, bith are cool but tto me dont represent the real deal.
Cool vibe none the less though and the noise gate sure helps too!
Gregory

Let's see....

1) Fulltone Octafuzz
2) Keeley Java Boost (full range w/ tone full)
3) Skreddy Screwdriver
4) Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
5) Ibanez TS808 RI
6) EHX Micro Qtron
7) MXR Graphic EQ

No amp can do fuzz unless they have modeling. Try a rangemaster type treble boost in front of that JTM.... you will be in heaven. Try the Octafuzz in front of the Plexi... with a strat... and you will have Jimi.

I have an SD-1 I HEAVILY modified that has an incredible relationship with the MTS gear. Not so nice with my VHT Pittbull (the CAE MXR Boost/OD pedal is the pairing for that head), but great with the modular rigs.

I have a TOD, Micro Amp, and a Tone Press right now. I am looking to get some type of TS and possibly a treble boost also. I think that I like the tone of the modules (at least the ones that I have tried) with a touch of the bass reduced out front along with the boost.

I have a JF modded Brahma which is really sweet, and a Mr Scary incoming. I traded my stock Grail for it which I will pick up again with the Orange switch added. I need to get that Grail/Orange switch tone! Reminds me of the Tverb I had so much that it's really starting to bug me that I don't have one of those yet.

I have:

Keeley Fuzzhead. VERY cool with lower gain modules (Plexi & Stonerverb) Zeppelin, Floyd, can get to nasty live Hendrix - Wild Thing.

Diaz Texas Ranger. Excellent trebble booster, does mid & low boost also. Sabbath, UFO, Zeppelin

Keeley Java Boost. Likin' the Diaz better.

Keeley modded Boss MT-2 Metal Zone. So far, no need with the Randall amp & modded modules.

Danelectro Cool Cat TOD. So far, no need with the modded modules.