Pete Modded Recto= heartbrutalheart

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shred-o-holic

Reaction score
I love this freaking module!! Unbelievable that he took a stock Treadplate and turned it into a fire breathing beast! :twisted: It's like I have my Roadster, DR, SR again couple with in a nice compact 20 watt package. I know that some of the mod is part of the Grail.....but still the module is so clear, warm and with an OD boost....Brewtal..... :twisted: :twisted:

It's also very loud.......I guess I never realized how the Recto Preamps really dictate overall amp volume. I think this is the loudest 20 watt setup I have ever heard..

My five year wants to know since I (heart) this module....if I will be marrying it........I guess it's time to go ring shopping... :twisted: :lol:

I really like the KH-3 module I have......but it's no comparison to the Pete Recto......I guess I need to send the KH-3 Pete's way soon... 8) :lol:

****......now I want to send him my recto to have it modded out!!
Was it just his basic mods? Or the newer one he was mentioning?
I am sure it sounds KILLER.........
He does FANTASTIC work! :D

shred-o-holic said:
It's also very loud.......I guess I never realized how the Recto Preamps really dictate overall amp volume. I think this is the loudest 20 watt setup I have ever heard..

I really like the KH-3 module I have......but it's no comparison to the Pete Recto......I guess I need to send the KH-3 Pete's way soon... 8) :lol:

The RM20 is a freakin loud amp even on '1'....it brings the pain.

I'd love to hear what Pete can do with a KH-3. I mean, I love my KH-3 but curiousity kills :twisted:

I can imagine a bass cap switch would be great....the stock cap is quite low and the module wouldn't be too flubby with it increased I think.

It'd be interesting if the voicing/gain could be messed with a bit so there was a stock ('dry') setting and a modded ('wet') setting for the 'feel'

I've been really hesitant to mess with any of my sig modules, coz I love the way they sound and the ones I've had in their modded forms have really only been slight improvements...killer but, the final '5%' rather than the 'OMG' change from a stock SL+ to a Pete modded one.

i'll let you guys know, i'm sending a kh3 to pete very very soon. as soon as he tells me its ok to send it to him...lol

Mailman1971 said:
****......now I want to send him my recto to have it modded out!!
Was it just his basic mods? Or the newer one he was mentioning?
I am sure it sounds KILLER.........
He does FANTASTIC work! :D

It has the Orange Channel, tight bass switch.......I guess it his basic full monty? It's incredible.....great feel and tone......I actually am more of a Red Channel guy but the Orange channel has it's benefits too......very smooth..

JKD said:
shred-o-holic said:

The RM20 is a freakin loud amp even on '1'....it brings the pain.

I'd love to hear what Pete can do with a KH-3. I mean, I love my KH-3 but curiousity kills :twisted:

I can imagine a bass cap switch would be great....the stock cap is quite low and the module wouldn't be too flubby with it increased I think.

It'd be interesting if the voicing/gain could be messed with a bit so there was a stock ('dry') setting and a modded ('wet') setting for the 'feel'

I've been really hesitant to mess with any of my sig modules, coz I love the way they sound and the ones I've had in their modded forms have really only been slight improvements...killer but, the final '5%' rather than the 'OMG' change from a stock SL+ to a Pete modded one.
I know what you mean.......but just think that icing that he can throw on it might produce an helacious module.... :twisted: To me if he could alter the feel to be a tad more forgiving and add some warmth then watch out... :shock: 8)

wow..a clarity mod on the kh3 would probably do wonders....hell a gain boost too would be crazy.

look at your stock boards side by side with a pete modded one..even my drummer was like wow! look at all those huge orange things everywhere/

shred-o-holic said:
Yup I took the Pete Recto into my local Randall dealer and they were blown away with the work he did on it..... 8)

...and then you plugged it in and floored 'em? :twisted:

paintkilz said:
wow..a clarity mod on the kh3 would probably do wonders....hell a gain boost too would be crazy.

look at your stock boards side by side with a pete modded one..even my drummer was like wow! look at all those huge orange things everywhere/

Yeah, but my secret ingredient is electrolytes - it's what modules crave. :D

Brawndo mod!

Post clips of the new module. We wanna hear.

I'm more of a Grapefruit channel guy.

my kh3 is offically on its way to okstrat. out of the box, its pretty good. its tough to give anything more than that becasue of petes work on my modern module i compared it to. so i'm pretty excited knowing where hes gonna bring the kh3.

bhuard75 said:
my kh3 is offically on its way to okstrat. out of the box, its pretty good. its tough to give anything more than that becasue of petes work on my modern module i compared it to. so i'm pretty excited knowing where hes gonna bring the kh3.

Can't wait to hear it..the stock KH3 is :twisted: ... please be sure to give us a review ASAP :D

Does anyone have clips of both the modded Orange and Red channels? I'm very interested in checking it out and possibly getting one.