Pin assignment for RM22 switching?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter

Reaction score
Anyone know the pins on the 7 pin midi plug that are used to switch the rm22 functions?

I've been back and forth in emails with Randall for several weeks and they seem unable to understand my question or answer it.

I don't think it's Midi (measured Logic Midi in with the foot switch powered and connected and no sign of any PCs or Controllers) - so it must be latching or non-latching switching and a cable ? la Bogner Medusa should enable me to switch with an RJM Amp Gizmo or Nobels MS-4

Anyone know the pin assignment?

Someone must know something?

Or maybe I should take the fricken foot switch apart and try to understand the PCB/Plug wiring?

Really I only wanna switch the two channels, I don't care about the boosts. Nobody have an idea how I could figure out the pin assignment? I was looking inside the footswitch but couldn't make sense of what I saw.

I'll not give up. Is it possible nobody knows a way for this? Why did they make it a MIDI connection when it's not MIDI anyways?

You have the footswitch right?

Take it apart and note the wiring to the plug .. there you go ;)

I don't own an RM22 so I can't hep you, but that seems to me the best way to do it.

m0jo said:

I don't own an RM22 so I can't hep you, but that seems to me the best way to do it.

It's not so easy as there is a PCB and chips and stuff. Did it and couldn't find my way around. I'll try again if I find some more time soon.

hunter said:
m0jo said:

It's not so easy as there is a PCB and chips and stuff. Did it and couldn't find my way around. I'll try again if I find some more time soon.
Okay, maybe a gutshot would be helpful, there are some people here that can see a lot from that and help you out. ;)

I have posted guts of the foot switch here: http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=97162

Can any tech savvy person advise on how to do it?