POP rock tone

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nomad100

Reaction score
How do i get a pop rock tone? I've always played hard rock metal and i'm filling in, in a pop rock band for a few weeks this summer. So i guess which module should i use or what in conjunction with a module? I assume my EMG loaded guitars is not helping.

Here is a link to a video of the band i'll be filling in as lead guitarist for.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypaq8tGfe74

I feel like the tone i'm getting now a little big to fit in the mix.

I play mostly pop-rock and my main two modules are the JF Voxless and a 5150-type module (used to have an Salvation s1s0, have a JF EVH Trilogy). Those two modules cover about everything I play.

5150 clones are always a good choice, but I would also look at an Orange clone- the Salvation Stonerverb has awesome clarity for this type of stuff. JF makes one too, though I never played it, he makes great stuff

Cool band, sounds like $

Sorry, should clarify, I don't have my Trilogy yet, sent off my singer to get modded last week. Can't wait to see if it fills the hole left by my foolish decision to trade away my s1s0.

One of the guitar players on american idol plays 5150 III for almost everything if that helps. Grab a Trilogy.

spooch said:
I play mostly pop-rock and my main two modules are the JF Voxless and a 5150-type module (used to have an Salvation s1s0, have a JF EVH Trilogy). Those two modules cover about everything I play.

I've got both of these modules, and I agree. You can cover a LOT of ground with these two.

I love the clips of the trilogy, I probably would love the voxy thing. Thanks for the replies I was kind of curious if the 5150 modules would give me the right tone. The rhythms player in the band uses an orange rockerverb. Now I just need more money.