Problem with RM20B Mic Eliminator

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tube Head

Reaction score
I have begun to record with my rm20 and it sounds awsome. I pluged a xlr cable from the back of the amp to the mic input of my recorder. Everything is working fine until I call it quites for the night.

I place the stanby switch to off for about a minute then turn off the power. Then for the next second or so an extremely loud screach is sent from the RM20. It scared the **** outta me and thought it had blown my studio monitors.

What is going on? Is this normal and Im doing somthing wrong? I bought this unit used so there is no warenty so maybe I can fix it myself.

I want to make sure that I have this right. Tha amp has to modes Standby/Silent and on. You are saying you kept the amp on Standby/Silent and turned the power off. A few minutes after it was off it started making noise?

The standby switch was set in the middle position (off).The noise occured immediatly after I turned the power to the amp off.

I think the sound you were hearing was just the RM20 being powered off and there isn't a problem. Just like you would turn down your amp or put it in standby when unplugging your guitar so it dosen't pop, I would suggest turning down the channel on your mixer that the RM20 is plugged into before you power off.