Problems with RM50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wengnutt

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I've had this RM50 for around a month now, and I've been having some problems with it.

First, when it arrived I was getting an AWFUL buzzing, cutting in and out farty sound out of it. Then the whole thing powered down, and it turned out to be the main fuse. I replaced it and it seemed to work fine! Then I rebiased it and the farty sound was gone...or so I thought. Now it's having problems with the volume jumping up and down and the channels arent switching from both the footswitch, and then front of the amp. I'm at a loss for words now.

Anybody have any clues what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hate to say it but if you've not managed to solve the problem with tubes then it likely took a bump in transit.

It really sounds like you have some kind of loose connection somewhere.

Volume jumps can sometimes be associated with the fx loop contacts....plug a regular patch cable from the series send directly to the return and test again....

...however, given that you are having foot switch problems too and I think all those jack plugs are on a single board...possible something took a knock back there.

JKD said:
Hate to say it but if you've not managed to solve the problem with tubes then it likely took a bump in transit.

It really sounds like you have some kind of loose connection somewhere.

Volume jumps can sometimes be associated with the fx loop contacts....plug a regular patch cable from the series send directly to the return and test again....

...however, given that you are having foot switch problems too and I think all those jack plugs are on a single board...possible something took a knock back there.

Good point JKD. I havent checked that part of the board yet. I'll take a look and see what I can find.

Thanks man! :D

i also have a RM50 combo which has troubles. There is very little output and what little there is is spitty and sputtering. I have chnaged modules, cleaned contacts..and it will persist for some time and then...its working fine. i dont get it.
I did notive the power tubes were running just mildly warm when the sound sucked and properly heated when the amp sounded fine.
Can anybody confirm if this is a transformer issue?? In other words,..when transformers fail...do they supply insufficient power to the power tubes intermittantly...???
GtrGeorge