Question about R2 and R3 resistors in modules

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WienerDog

Reaction score
I've seen in the mods postings that in some older modules R1 is 470 ohms, whereas newer modules have 150 ohms. The mods suggest chnaging to 150 ohms.

I think the same is true for R2 and R3 (i.e., 470 ohms), but the mods don't mention changing those to 150 ohms as well. What do R2 and R3 do?

because their connected to the opto's (as in OP1,2.3) and their 5v supply

so don't mess with it !!!

on my schem V1 has R20/R22 as plate resistance

"R1" is on the "tube board" for V2 and theres only 1 resistor

R1, R2 and R3 on the main PCB connect to the anode of the optocouplers used for switching the module on and off. This isn't as much of a mod (from an audio perspective at least) as it is an adjustment to get the switching circuitry to work within a set of operating parameters. The reason R1 is of greater importance is it can overdrive the input (in a bad way).

Changing R2 and R3 isn't as important, but I always do them all if I am going to do it at all. That said, if you don't hear the need to make the change (you may hear an unpleasant overloading of the input and not like an Overdrive pedal kind of overloading). Let your ears be the judge.

Do not confuse these with plate resistors (in the conventional sense) or the R1 on the tube board. Placing a low value of 150-470 ohms in those locations will not end well....

Hope that helps,
Rob

Jaded Faith said:
R1, R2 and R3 on the main PCB connect to the anode of the optocouplers used for switching the module on and off. This isn't as much of a mod (from an audio perspective at least) as it is an adjustment to get the switching circuitry to work within a set of operating parameters. The reason R1 is of greater importance is it can overdrive the input (in a bad way).

Changing R2 and R3 isn't as important, but I always do them all if I am going to do it at all. That said, if you don't hear the need to make the change (you may hear an unpleasant overloading of the input and not like an Overdrive pedal kind of overloading). Let your ears be the judge.

Do not confuse these with plate resistors (in the conventional sense) or the R1 on the tube board. Placing a low value of 150-470 ohms in those locations will not end well....

Hope that helps,
Rob

Thanks for those details -- I think I will just do R1 on the main board for now!