Question about stock Egnater modules.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DietCoke

Reaction score
OK, got an M4 last week, got my first dual mod today (VX) with an SL on the way. Sounds great, no problems!

My question is what EXACTLY do the Bright and Bass Boost switches do?
OK, stop laughing...I mean, do they both boost differently, is 1 cut and 2 boost, what frequencies are they set too, is it a freq shift? Also where are the Bass, Middle and Treble freqs centered at? Is it different for every modual? Are they Bruce's secret sauce, dare I ask?

Newbie, I know, but I assume the moduals are too simple to have a manual of their own (I can't find one).

All in all, just trying to learn more about my new favorite preamp! :D

Congrats on an excellent purchase and welcome to the community, these are some amazing amps and you will love them.

Regarding your questions:

- The Bright and Bass Boost switches are wired for no boost in the center, mild boosting to the left and more extreme boosting to the right. The effect from the Bright will be reduced as you turn up the gain knobs. It functions like a treble bypass cap would on a guitar to let highs through as the gain (or the volume on the guitar example) is turned down.

- The three tone controls vary from module to module, but they are traditional tone stacks and the various values used throughout them make up their frequency characteristics. The same as any other amp really.

Hope this helps to get you started and feel free to email should you have any questions.

Rob

Thanks Rob, thats basically what I was thinking but it's nice to have it confirmed.

I'm really looking forward to playing this rig live when I get it finished. What sold me was "all tube" and the wide variety of sounds available.

Gotta go, i'm feeling a GAS attack commin' on.. :lol:

DietCoke said:
Thanks Rob, thats basically what I was thinking but it's nice to have it confirmed.

I'm really looking forward to playing this rig live when I get it finished. What sold me was "all tube" and the wide variety of sounds available.

Gotta go, i'm feeling a GAS attack commin' on.. :lol:

Glad you're enjoying the M4.