Question regarding the parallel loop.

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vikko98

Reaction score
So, I'm finally finished with my pedalboard but there's one annoying thing.

I've got a TC Electronic Nova Repeater hooked up to my Rocktron Patchmate Loop 8 Floor unit. From the TB loop in the Patchmate I have cables connected to the loop in my RM100.

Since the Patchmate is programable the idea is to have the Repeater turned on all the time, switch it in and out of the loop instead of having to stomp on 500 switches when it's time to try playing a solo.

But the problem is that now I get a slight volume boost when I switch the delay out. Just like you can use the loop as a solo boost on amps with a switchable loop.

Is there anything I can try or is it just that the Repeater has too little volume?

Sorry if I'm not making any sense but english isn't my native language...

Thanks...

/Niklas

Does the repeater have a killdry setting? If not are you setting the effect mix on the repeater to 100% wet?

You want to go out of the parallel loop on the amp into a loop on the rocktron, then send to the repeater, then out from the repeater straight back to the return on the amp. You don't want to go out the repeater to the return of the rocktron then to the amp; that would be like jumping the parallel loop and cause a boost when the delay is bypassed.

MarcoR said:
You want to go out of the parallel loop on the amp into a loop on the rocktron, then send to the repeater, then out from the repeater straight back to the return on the amp. You don't want to go out the repeater to the return of the rocktron then to the amp; that would be like jumping the parallel loop and cause a boost when the delay is bypassed.

You mean that the signal should be cut instead? That seems kinda logical. I'm just gonna have to work it out somehow, my pedalboard is jammed and stupidly set up.

I seldom use delay other than when I'm playing a solo so I could always compensate with the volume on the dirtbox used at that time.

I'm gonna check with TC if there's like an internal trimpot for the volume on the Repeater.

/Niklas

vikko98 said:
You mean that the signal should be cut instead? That seems kinda logical.
Exactly, The whole point of using the killdry is so you are not passing the direct signal through the parallel loop. You don't want the signal to be passed through when the delay is bypassed because your volume will jump around depending on where you have the effect send on the amp set as you are now experiencing. Setting it up the way I suggested will still let your delay trail when the loop is turned off.

vikko98 said:
I'm gonna check with TC if there's like an internal trimpot for the volume on the Repeater.
Don't over think it! Unplug the patch cable from the TC out to the Rocktron return and take the cable that's going from the loop out to the amp and plug it into the the TC out. This is assuming that the TC is the only pedal in the parallel loop. If not, tell me what's in the chain and we can figure it out. I have the Loop 8 floor BTW; it's a very flexible piece. Good luck, let me know.

The only easy option at this point is to change the plug to a jack on the (Send-Return) cable running to the amp.

I want to be able to use my pedalboard with other amps. I use short cables and the Patchmate is fixed to the board. I've made it myself so it's really custom. Therefore it's hard to switch cables without loosen everything on the pedalboard. :oops:

Still gonna check with TC regarding the volume. But now I know what to do if it isn't possible to get more volume.

Thanks, I'll let you know if it works out or not...

/Niklas