quick clips: 1086,SL+,Plexi,KH2,Ultra,XTC

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you've had it for a few years? have you changed the tubes? Or has it always sounded this way? as I said in another post, a guitar with a humbucker sounds like mud on my rig, the EMG 81 (18v mod) on the other hand cuts like a razor. It sounds better than the clips people have put on here but any live rig sounds better in person than on a computer. I can play for hours on end without getting "used" to it.

Schladog ..Have you checked your bias??
one guy here last week said how bad his sound was .and his bias was way way off .
if bought used tubes could be dying ..

I personally do not like the recto .I think a Grail is a much better Mesa like tone ..
Apparently it is a cross between Lynch's old Racktifer boogie head and one of his Engl heads..

also as others have said listen to the mods Salvation has a wicked module called the Deadplate for what you want.

I figured out my Recto issue. It basically describes it on the high gain mods section. I have the older Recto with the .0047 cap. The section says with a heavy guitar and low tuning the bass overrides the gain stage or something of the sort and it turn to mud. So I am going to get either the .0022 cap or the .001 and tighten it up. All the new ones now have the .0022 due to this muddy gain issue. Anyone ever put in a .001? The new standard is .0022 from Randall but I may go the the extra mod. I knew I wasn't crazy with the whole muddy Recto thing. My issue was common and thats why they changed to .0022.

.001uF is the bomb.

You might want to look at changing the value of R1 to 150Ohm if it isn't already...helps with clarity IMO.

Steve

do the mod.....you WILL be happy.
I keep my old capacitor in a drawer''like some people keep an appendix that nearly killed em.
I look at it and think "This thing really put a hurt on my tone".
GtrGeorge