Randall RG75DG3 Line-out issue

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarrPigg1969

Reaction score
Well..... I had the HUMMING issue taken care of on my RG75DG3. I also had an issue with the line-out, but I thought it was all the same problem. Turns out it's not. Basically, I run line-out into a powered mixer (the first one was a Mackie, the second board I tried was a Yamaha) and it sounds super distorted through the mains even with the level of the line-out turned almost the whole way down. Anyone else have the same problem?

How was the humming issue solved.

Did it hum from the day you bought it home, or later.

Did it hum even with no guitar plugged in?

Sorry for the 20 questions, I am thinking about buying one of these but scared from some of the issues I have been reading.

You should be ok...... the humming was with the earlier serial numbers..... I believe they replaced the digital effects to correct it. When I sent it in, I don't know what they did but it came back with the same hum, so my buddy Greg, owner of BCR Guitar & Sound, called his sales rep who told him about the issue with the earlier serial numbers. I kinda pissed me off that they knew about the problem but didn't correct it the 1st time. Anyway.... we sent it back again and Greg called them and told them he knew about the problem and they either need to fix it or replace it. Works great now. My only disappointment is that the Line-Out is not a true Line-Out, you can't run it into a PA mixer, you CAN run it into a computer or a recording device, but if you want to run it through a PA you have to mic it.

It really like the amp, if you're still worried about getting on with a hum, get the one without the digital effects.

~SD