Recording I did with my KH3 and Line6 M13

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schlagdog

Reaction score
Did a quick recording of my KH3 I just got using the Screamer on my M13.
Randall RM100 6L6's- Warhead Cab V30's- Washburn Idol Duncan Custom Custom.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=9001130

Thanks, my clips get a bit long but I always end up making up a whole song on the spot. If I had any singing skills it wouldn't seem to drone on and on.

it sounds great i also have the screamer in my pod xt most of the m13 effects are part of my pod xt that s why i dont bother to buy a m13

I'm liking the KH3 so far. Mr.Scary is usually my main recording module but the KH3 is a little more thoaty. I'm pretty happy with the M13. I own a PODXT Live but since you can't use it with the 4 cable method I went with the M13. I could never get the XT to sound good with my head. I had a pedal board with a dedicated pedal for each effect but it was just to sloppy and I didn't want to start buying rack effects to clean it up. The M13 will never be as good as my Centaur Klon OD but I can get close. Since I use the M13 through the series loop on the Randall I can also use it as a noise suppressor like a decimator. You can't even tell the head is on if you put your ear to the cab. Anyhow, I'm pretty happy with the tone I got here. Just used an SM57 dead center at speaker and into a bluetube mic pre then straight into digital performer and nothing else. The bass is actually my guitar with the octave effect on the m13. I was to lazy to go dig out my bass while I was in the moment of recording.

I liked it. I heard the Lynch influence also. Which I love so it's good with me. The KH3 I had sounded really good and I probably should have kept it.

Make sure you have a tube screamer. I can't use any of my modules anymore without one to tighten them up. I wanted to not have to do that but I'm forced to for extra tightness and gain boost. I do like the KH3 alot though. It really records nice because of its extra throaty midrange. I was using Mr. Scary all the time but I may go KH3. I actually got it because I watch a Shadows Fall live video that Randall posted on the facebook page and saw he was playing an RM100 and could see the blue LED from the module. I figured it was a KH and not a 1086 because I owned a 1086 and was unimpressed. I took the chance on the KH and am pretty happy. It could have been none of them and just a custom made one from Randall but I am happy anyway. I didn't want to buy more modules but Randall semms to be never going to but out new ones. Its been about 2 years since they floated 5 need modules were coming and still not a thing.

I boost my modules too when I am looking for that much gain. Actually, I have been boosting my amps since the late 80's.

I might pick up another KH3 at some point. I liked the one that I had but with a JF Brahma, JF Mr Scary, Gigmods Ultra XL, and a SL+, I just felt like I was (still am) covering too much of the same ground. It is some pretty sweet sounding ground though!