RM100 vs RM4 and RT50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okstrat

Reaction score
Just curious - anyone owned both, and what's the difference in sound if any? Reason why I ask - I have an RM100 currently, just bought (and am anxiously awaiting) an RM4 and the matching power amp. Do they sound the same, or any differences?

pete

Pete....

I ran the RM4 in through the Series FX return of the RM50HB, to me it made the high end response sound different when compared with the module in the RM50HB directly....this could have been a matter of needing to balance the RM4 Master and Module FX Levels differently or simply due to running through another tube/gain stage.

I vastly prefer the power section of the RM50HB compared with the RM100

Would have loveed to try the RM4 / RT2/50 combo...there was an RT2 on eBay recently but I decided to sell the RM4 already :D

I emailed you tracking info by the way.

...Steve

Very interesting. Thanks man, looking forward to getting all this hooked up. I get the RT50 friday I think... and the RM4 from you early next week. Shipped dept at work is gonna hate me! :)

Pete

JKD said:
Pete....

I ran the RM4 in through the Series FX return of the RM50HB, to me it made the high end response sound different when compared with the module in the RM50HB directly....this could have been a matter of needing to balance the RM4 Master and Module FX Levels differently or simply due to running through another tube/gain stage.

I vastly prefer the power section of the RM50HB compared with the RM100

Would have loveed to try the RM4 / RT2/50 combo...there was an RT2 on eBay recently but I decided to sell the RM4 already :D

I emailed you tracking info by the way.

...Steve

I have an RM4 and an RM100C. I use my switcher to use the extra channels of the RM4 with my combo. to my ears the preamp section sounds the same... but thats jsut my experience.

cody