RM100M hum noise with BBE in serial loop

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

model1

Reaction score
i had a BBE332 sonic maximizer unit that i wanted to try out with the RM100M
normally that amp is pretty low noised even with the modules fully cranked
but when i putt the BBE in the loop
it gets noisy like my old randall solid state RH100 with gain up

the BBE makes the sound really better
but when i pause you hear that noise again...

do you think it's the BBE
or the loop valve?

I recommend NOT using the BBE...

I used to use one... and I thought it sounded good, but that was before I got into tube amps and I was using a Line6 HD.

It might seem like it makes the amp sound better, but it's just trickery.

It has it's applications, but in a decent guitar rig with a decent amp it's more detrimental than it is beneficial.

2012 said:
It might seem like it makes the amp sound better, but it's just trickery.

The way I see it, if it seems to sound better, then it sounds better! And of course it's trickery - all stomp boxes are. All amps are too.

Look, I'm not afraid to say I like what the Sonic Stomp does in my fx loop (RM50B). But that's me. I say, if it works for you, then use it. If not, don't.

Oh, and mine makes no noise, so I don't know what the problem is. Is yours last in the signal chain like it sould be? Have you tried it in front of the amp instead of the loop? (just a thought) Maybe the tube that buffers the loop might be going. Hmmm.........

all too often just making something "brighter" and/or "louder" makes a person think it sounds "better"

myself included...

but in hindsight and in comparison without the BBE, I think the BBE makes a guitar sound sterile.

a pair of EMG's would sound better than the BBE and achieve the "clarity" that the BBE seems to provide.

things are not always what they seem!