noise from send jacks even when amp turned off?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wakeguitar

Reaction score
Hey, I've been playing with my rm100c a bit and recently noticed a hum like ground loop coming from fx sends of the amp (both serial and parallel), even with it turned off.

Off course I've checked all the cables and confirmed they are all ok, but I still got a fair amount of noise coming from both send jacks (serial/parallel).

Strangely the noise is louder when only a Send is connected (to my DAW), and less when I plug in a return from a piece of rack gear. (all while power is still off, but amp is connected to power)

So It seems like a grounding issue of some sort I'm pretty new to grounding issues and the likes. I also have everything running through a furman power conditioner.
'
How can I solve this so that I hear much less of the amps power? I recently got a new module that's high gain and that's when I first realized something is more noisy than normal, but I didn't think it should have been the module.

maybe somebody could help me if they have a chance to compare their amps.

With a trs jack connected from send out jack of amp to my interface I am seeing roughly -48db of noise in cubase with nothing plugged into the amp (except the power cable, but amp is turned off).

If I unlpug the jack it's gone, as well as when I plug into anything else it's not there.

what gives?

With power turned off I wouldn't think any noise would leak through. That seems very strange. I'm an idiot so take my advice with a grain of salt. It seems to me the issue would be with the cable or some other interference source near the cable.

I would really really appreciate if one of you guys could test your amp's send to see where (if any) noise level is at when plugged in but turned off.

Would also appreciate Bruce or Randall support reply.

thanks in advance

With power turned off I wouldn't think any noise would leak through. That seems very strange. I'm an idiot so take my advice with a grain of salt. It seems to me the issue would be with the cable or some other interference source near the cable.

Yes I tried multiple cables and a different interface. Silent with everything except when coming from either send jack.