RM4 and GSP1101 Effects loop

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricky

Reaction score
So are you guys running the RM4 into the effects loop of the GSP1101 or vice versa? What would be the advantages of either?

RM in the loop of the GSP:
Flexible use of the FX around the preamp
You may have more input/send/return levels to balance
but being able to put a phaser/flanger/eq/younameit anywhere in the signal path you desire is a huge advantage

FX in the loop of the RM:
Can't think of any
...perhaps if you are only using parallel FX giving a more direct signal
making the FX unit itself coloring the sound less
I wouldn't put an RM in the FX loop of a Boss GX-700 for that reason, but I don't think the GSP has that problem

I'm running the RM4 in the GSP effects loop. Given the capabilities of the GSP, I like the idea of being able to put the compressor & the Chorus/Phaser/Flanger pre or post loop. Recently I discovered putting the Compressor post loop & I think for a lead tone it sounds much better than pre loop (before the gain).

That makes sense. I am wondering if having a compressor post loop might also help with that distortion problem I am still having on my clean modules.
Tell me if my reasoning may be wrong here....
rick

ricky said:
That makes sense. I am wondering if having a compressor post loop might also help with that distortion problem I am still having on my clean modules.
Tell me if my reasoning may be wrong here....
rick
Nope, that works fine :)