• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

RM4 rack units (2) - Sold

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW, everything I've bought here (which is a LOT) has had pics...The seller surely doesn't have to add them...He's been around and people know him so it's his call...To be fair pics were offered via email....

The one thing I don't get is that people look thru this site to find pictures to post fake Craigs ads? Couldn't they possibly email you to get them anyway? I have a spam filter, perhaps I need to upgrade to a "crook" filter... 8)

Matt:

I'm in NYC and not a day goes by that someone posts a scam on Craigslist using pictures from eBay and other gear sites. But the real reason I didn't post pictures is every time I try, it doesn't work.

In any case, I find it strange that people have to make comments about the lack of pictures. Do they really have that much free time on their hands? Does everyone just like to hear themselves talk to feel part of the group? Why the heck am I writing this anyway??

AdInfinitum said:
Matt:

I'm in NYC and not a day goes by that someone posts a scam on Craigslist using pictures from eBay and other gear sites. But the real reason I didn't post pictures is every time I try, it doesn't work.

In any case, I find it strange that people have to make comments about the lack of pictures. Do they really have that much free time on their hands? Does everyone just like to hear themselves talk to feel part of the group? Why the heck am I writing this anyway??

Don't worry I'm reading it and responding... :lol:

I just wanted to chime in because I had an opinion to share...I actually see both sides - I just thought the idea of thieves waiting in the i-bushes to nab a picture or two of a Randall RM4 from this site seemed funny...

Oh yeah, I'd be happy to help you post pics in the future...I also struggled with that at first....

I,too have posted things on here and sold them without posting pics....mainly modules though,I mean,we all know what they look like....lol...I could see wanting pics as an insurance,then again,there have been people on various forums that post pics that rip people off as well....guess it all comes down to seller credibility and the trust others have in the members of the forums...This being a fairly small foum with a small group of "regular" browsers I havent seen much problem....I can actually remember when you had to post for people to email when you wanted pics when alot of the forums got started....lol....and it is just an extra step really....most of us have just gotten lazy with technology......If I dont post pics and someone comments in a thread I tend to ignore it,but I honestly dont read the threads alot of times anyway,I figure if a buyer is serious they will PM and that is typically what happens...Photobucket is very easy to use and cool for stuff like this.....you can upload pics and just put a link to it or you have the capability to post pics too.......

AdInfinitum said:
On hold pending payment. And to think, they didn't need pictures posted in this thread to buy them. But thanks for that Advertising 101 tip. It may come in handy one day.

Gee and it only took you a month and 7 bumps.
Way to go!