RM4 RT2/50 question

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibsonmansg

Reaction score
Hello friends.

The RT2/50 can operate in mono 100Watts? with one cabinet. Or the two 50watts chanels at the same time? with 2 cabinets. Or just one 50watts chanel? with one or two cabinets.

i?ts possible to use two RM4 preamps with one RT2/50 at the same time? with 2 cabinets

thanks.............................

it?s sad to hear that it?s not a mono amp too. because i can?t mix the sound of two kind of tubes like in the rm100

Thanks.....

The RT2/50 cannot do mono/100watts. If you have a cabinet wired for stereo, 2x50 is the same as 1x100 watts.
It has two mono 50 watts channels. You can use it as a conventional 50 watt per channel stereo amp or, in the channel switching mode, it is still two mono 50 watts channels but you can switch between them using midi.

Egnater

bruce egnater said:
The RT2/50 cannot do mono/100watts. If you have a cabinet wired for stereo, 2x50 is the same as 1x100 watts.
It has two mono 50 watts channels. You can use it as a conventional 50 watt per channel stereo amp or, in the channel switching mode, it is still two mono 50 watts channels but you can switch between them using midi.

Egnater

Thank you very much Mr. Egnater. You?ve been very helpfull.

bruce egnater said:
...2x50 is the same as 1x100 watts.

While I'll agree that the numbers add up, I think two 50-Watt amps sound a lot louder than one 100-Watt. My friend has two Marshall DSL50s than bury my one TSL100. Isn't a 100-Watt only about 3db louder? I do know I'd rather have two 50s running in stereo than one 100-Watt split to two cabs. Sounds thicker to me. Just my 2p.
By the way Bruce, you'll be hearing from me soon about ordering an M4!

[Edit:] P.S.
bruce egnater said:
My question is how did "Bruce Almighty" show up under my name on this forum????
I have no idea, but isn't it appropriate considering the forum? I'd imagine it would be, "Jim Almighty," if he turned up over at the Marshall Amp Forum!

LOL Bruce!!! I think Ned put that in for you man! If you don't like it let him know as he's the admin around here so he'll remove it if needed. :lol:

Yep, I looked that up in my profile trying to find out where my "RM50" came from. Ned must have tagged you with that. I think it's appropriately humorous and respectfull at the same time. Go with it! :lol:

I'm thinking that the tag is related to the number of posts you have in the forum.

RM100 100+ posts
RM50 50-100 posts
RM20 20 or less

Bruce Almighty...Name says it all

No problem with the "Almighty" thing. I thought it was kind of funny too.
All other factors being the same, if you could just change your rig from 50 to 100 watts, the volume difference would be barely detectable. Try pulling two tubes ouf your 100 and set the impedance selector to the next lowest position. See if you really can tell much difference. Sounds like your friend may be using two cabs/two heads while you have one?? The extra cabinet makes more difference than the extra power.

Egnater

Sorry guys. I've given Bruce and RD/MAN custom rankings, the rest are based on your number of posts.

Just trying to keep things fun.

bruce egnater said:
Sounds like your friend may be using two cabs/two heads while you have one?? The extra cabinet makes more difference than the extra power.

Yeah, I figured the same. Moving more air, and all that. I?m getting some more cabinets, but first I want other things. (Like your M4, for one!!)

I do have a question, and I?ll ask it here rather than an e-mail because I think other folks might be interested in the answer. Do you make any bass amp modules besides the Bassman? I ask because I just talked with Joe Kovacic, (Lado,) about making me a doubleneck 12-string guitar/8-string bass, and I rather doubt that I will be able to reacquire all the same equipment that I used to use, (Sunn 2000s, Sunn Coliseum and Marshall SL.)

I?m concerned that the increased frequency range of an eight-string bass will surpass the response for which a bass amp is designed. When I played one back in the day, I had the plexi to handle the highs. Also, I do know that some people use bass amps for guitar.

Be kind of neat if you had bass modules from all the greats! (Ampeg SVT, Sunn 2000s, etc.) You?ve already got a start with the Bassman!

BTW Bruce, I think it?s great that you are on here with us! As I?m sure everyone does. Not just for problem solving, either, (I imagine that gets?tedious? at times,) but you are here reading what the players are saying they want. I only wish we had a little of that action over at the Marshall Amp Forum! Maybe if we did, we wouldn?t have the duds that the two new releases certainly appear to be.

Thanks Bruce. For everything.

I haven't been this pleased with my sound in a long time, keep up the good work, Bruce and RD.

Question: Can I use a single mono cabinet and switch between the el34 or 6l6 output using midi? I want the one cabinet to remain active and not have two cabinets with one being dead at any given time.

Joel said:
Question: Can I use a single mono cabinet and switch between the el34 or 6l6 output using midi? I want the one cabinet to remain active and not have two cabinets with one being dead at any given time.

Yes.