RM50 Volume Fluctuation issues

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Ive been having issues with intermittent volume fluctuations on my rm50 only on the 1st (left) channel ive replaced all the tubes in the amp and blasted everything out with canned air, Im at a loss for what to do next. The only randall repair shop is about 3 hours away from me and i really dont wanna take it all that way if its something i can clear up myself. I read on another rm50 problem post that contact cleaner works but is it a liquid and can i spray it into the slot where the modules plug in?
-mp-

Spray cleaner onto a guitar cable and work the effects loop sockets several times each. This should fix it and is a good idea for all of your gear.

But wouldnt i be experiencing the issue with both channels if it were just a dirty efx loop? Im only having issues on the left hand channel 1, Can i spray the contact cleaner in on the socket that the module slides into on channel 1?
-mp-

thanks rob i put some contact cleaner on the connector of my kh-1 and ran it in and out of the socket a few times, did the loops too and no issues after an hour of play time (and before it would have f*cked up by then) thanks all!
-mp-