Volume Loss on RM50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Im having a slight volume fluctuation occasionally on my rm50, it does it with all modules but only maybe happens twice a day when im practicing heavily. It is hardly noticeable unless you are playing and listening intently but it bothers me, i had a major volume fluctuation issue going on but it was fixed with a new set of 6L6GC's anyone else having this issue it like the volume drops from 100% to like 90% and then back again a few minutes later.....
-mp-

Yeah Ive been gigging with a line 6 HD100 tube head that works fine and is way more versatile than any MTS amp but it doesn't have nearly the tone of my rm50 or rm100...
-mp-
ps the line 6 is for sale

Did you replace the preamp tubes as well? Particularly the PI tube?
If you didn't clean the sockets when the tubes were replaced you should.

Hope that helps,
Rob

Yeah i cleaned the tube sockets and i cleaned everything inside but im probably gonna have to dig inside cuz all i did was replace and rebias the tubes i thought the preamp tubes were in the modules (im an idiot about the inner workings of the tube amp) I guess i have heard of people talking about other components but ive never read anything about the actual changing of a a chassis born preamp tube (non module preamp).
-mp-