MTS and Synergy channel switching differences

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telmar

Reaction score
I got a private message and totally forgot to answer ... two times ... shame on me !

So here we go now ...

How does the channel switching work in MTS and Synergy and what's different ?

First of all, please notice that Synergy uses different numbers for the same pins !
The picture I used for this example is from the MTS forum.
The numbers used by MTS are white, the numbers I used for the Synergy pinout are red.

MTS selects a module by sending +5 Volt to Pin 7 (MTS white) / Pin 6 (Synergy red).
Pin 8 (MTS white) / Pin 5 (Synergy red) is not used in a MTS system !

Synergy selects a module / channel by sending +5 Volt to Pin 5 or Pin 6 (Synergy red).
To select the blue / green channel: Pin 5 = 0 Volt / Pin 6 = 5 Volt
To select the red channel: Pin 5 = 5 Volt / Pin 6 = 0 Volt

That's it, now go and make your Synergy modules work within your MTS amp and have fun !

Attachments

• Synergy-Channel-Switching.jpg
    Synergy-Channel-Switching.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 3
I don't know why they did it, but here is the proof . . .

Attachments

• MTSpinout.jpg
    MTSpinout.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 0
  • SYNERGYpinout.jpg
    SYNERGYpinout.jpg
    459.2 KB · Views: 0
If you want to switch "Synergy-channels" (blue / green and red) on a Randall amp you have to do two things.
1.) interrupt the pcb trace that is connected to contact # 7 (MTS pinout)
2.) use this trace, via a toggle-switch, to switch +5 Volt between contact # 7 and # 8 (MTS pinout)
3.) BONUS: If you use a relay instead of a toggle switch, you are able to switch channels via a foot switch, a multi switch or whatever
4.) WARNING: maybe you have to connect the other contact, that's not supposed to have +5 Volt on it at a given time, to ground to have 0 Volt.