RM50 without Modules?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anomaly

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question :lol:

Is it safe to turn on my RM50 w/o modules or with just one module?
Plan to use an external preamp (PodHD500/AMT) in the guitar input so i can utilize v1 preamp tube in the mix?

I believe it won't pass any signal on if no module is in place. Don't recall the output/ input jacks of the 50 now, but if you can't plug in post pre-amp then the signal has to be routed through a module. Technically the amp won't be damaged by running it without modules in place, though.

You can run it without modules and use it as a slave powered speaker.
Use the series return as the input from a line level source.

I did tried it the other night at low volume, did not sound any different compared with the effects return? now, if I could only crank my amp to hear any difference at stage volume without my neighbors calling the cops on me :lol:

Thanks for the inputs!

try 4CM with that HD500. mine sounds killer. it even gives the modules a run for their money at the right levels with the right eq and the right effects. tweak the hell out of it

withmittens said:
try 4CM with that HD500. mine sounds killer. it even gives the modules a run for their money at the right levels with the right eq and the right effects. tweak the hell out of it

Did tried that. Recto model on HD500 slams like the real thang. :twisted:

I just learned from the Line 6 board the a Mid Focus EQ placed after the amp in the patch (try it anywhere that sounds good to you) with the right settings really brings life to the sim.

I set mine at around HP freq 30-40%, LP freq 85% Q's leave at 50% mess with the gain, mines about half to less.

Guitar>Pod guitar input
Pod fx send>Amp input
Amp fx send>Pod fx return
Pod output>Amp fx return

More info on Line6's website.

http://line6.com/support/message/386618#386618
This setup deals with the fact that the series loop is line level on the Randall