Running an RM4 And an rm100 with one foot controller

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zepplin490

Reaction score
Ok so heres the deal i have a Randall Warhead Straight 4X12 Cab with an rm100 on top of it running into the 8 ohm mono input on the cab, sitting on top of the rm100 is my RM4 and poweramp which is running in stereo into the 4 ohm stereo inputs of the cab. I would like to run both the rm100 and the rm4 together. I know that I am going to have to use MIDI to switch both units and give me 7 channels. What is out there for midi footboards that can handle 7 channels and an individual button for each channel?
I am completely a midi virgin so please answer in terms an idiot like me can understand:)
thanks
-mp-

I was looking on ebay and came across a ROCKTRON MIDI MATE FLOOR FOOT STAGE CONTROLLER would this item work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCELLENT-ROCKTRON-MIDI-MATE-FLOOR-FOOT-STAGE-CONTROLLER-W-MANUAL-AC-ADAPTER-/251231010306?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3a7e88fe02

its only $100
-mp-

Is the programming on a board such as the rocktron i just spoke of as easy as programming the rm4 and the rm100's floor controllers?
-mp-

You would need something to switch between the INPUTS of both setups, as well as change the channels...in order to make sure both setups don't end up "on" at the same time. Unless I'm missing what you're trying to achieve. To do it all with MIDI, you would need something more then that Rocktron.

**** now im all confused... what i want is 7 channels in 1 rig using both the rm4 and the rm100 and i want to be able to switch between all the channels with one pedal board
-mp-

zepplin490 said:
**** now im all confused... what i want is 7 channels in 1 rig using both the rm4 and the rm100 and i want to be able to switch between all the channels with one pedal board
-mp-

The Rocktron is a fine midi controller but you will need a midi switcher also to toggle between the preamp section of the RM100 and RM4.

<shameless plug>I have a G-Lab midi 2x switcher for sale if your interested</shameless plug>

MarcoR said:
zepplin490 said:
-mp-

The Rocktron is a fine midi controller but you will need a midi switcher also to toggle between the preamp section of the RM100 and RM4.

<shameless plug>I have a G-Lab midi 2x switcher for sale if your interested</shameless plug>

Preamp section....2 separate amps, same thing. You need a MIDI controller and a switcher like MarcoR describes....his G-Lab would work nicely :lol:

Ok i get the picture so it would actually be cheaper and better to just buy an A/B box and then just use the stock foot switches for channel switching... saves me a couple hundred bucks..
-mp-