Running RM4 into RM head (power section) (serial return)

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LunatiBSW

Reaction score
So I know a few of yall are running rm4's into heads as the power sections (basically the serial effects return)

How do you like the sound/functionality of this option,
and Is there any drawback in using the rm's power section over a dedicated rack power amp

I just dont need more than 20w right now so I was gonna run the rm4 into my rm20

Please give me some opinions and recommendations for this setup for those of you that have done this.

Also I would assume this eliminated the rm20's boost option???

Thanks in advance for any help guys, and enjoy the rest of the weekend! :D

I run my RM4 into the parallel return. I have both RM4 and RM100 running the serial fx into left/right of an digital delay/reverb unit. To switch between the two, I used a Radial Hotshot or Bigshot ABY pedal. Works great and sounds great.

When I had my RM4 running into my RM20 it was actually capable of being louder than running the amp on it's own. There were some settings that it would get a little thin sounding too. The boost didn't work as a gain boost, and I'm pretty sure it didn't work as a master either. For some reason I want to say that sits before the loop too. It's been a while since I tried it.