S1SO module - soundclip

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha no pressure at all Hyenik! :lol:

Just noticed something else on soundclick though, sound f'ing awesome!!

IN FLAMES! :D

I enjoy hearing the covers you guys do to demo the modules as much as I do hearing the mods! :D And In Flames is one of my all time favorite bands, so this was a very pleasant surprise that put a big smile on my face :D

Never thought I'd be so interested in a 5150 style module but...

What settings? :D
What power tubes? :D
What cab? :D
What guitar? :D

Shinozoku said:

- I don?t know :) Only intro is mod I, then mod II, and end after refrain is I again.
- I have no idea :)
- I don?t know :) I used IR sampled from original track Suburban Me, so I can say that it is same cab and same power tubes as original ;)
- my stoner axe, because I have it in D tuning

hyenik said:
Shinozoku said:

- I don?t know :) Only intro is mod I, then mod II, and end after refrain is I again.
- I have no idea :)
- I don?t know :) I used IR sampled from original track Suburban Me, so I can say that it is same cab and same power tubes as original ;)
- my stoner axe, because I have it in D tuning
Oh you :lol:

Your stoner axe being the Ibanez SZ styled guitar you used with the Gibson 498T and Seymour Duncan P-Rails?

Shinozoku said:
Your stoner axe being the Ibanez SZ styled guitar you used with the Gibson 498T and Seymour Duncan P-Rails?

yes, exactly. Not perfect for metal, but ....you know, tuning fitted :)

4365.jpg

Is this mod available at this point? Does anyone have one yet? I'd love to hear the different modes and tones with JUST "1" guitar. It's great to hear these tones in a mix too, but I'd love to hear just the solo guitar too.
Cheers,
Jace

hyenik said:
Shinozoku said:

yes, exactly. Not perfect for metal, but ....you know, tuning fitted :)

4365.jpg
Funny you should say that because I'm actually making a guitar with the exact same pickups in it and from my experiences with a Les Paul Studio, the bridge pickup does great for metal! Depends on how you use the axe though, I guess :)

Shinozoku said:
from my experiences with a Les Paul Studio, the bridge pickup does great for metal! Depends on how you use the axe though, I guess :)

:) not this axe.
LP is much brighter than this beast. My axe is stoner megamachine, but for metal lack trebles. Pickups are not everything. This is hundred year old, top quality very heavy mahogany wood.... sounds cool... but later I saw, that was not clever decision. With maple top, would be ultimate and universal, ... in this shape is "only" STONER :)

hyenik said:
Shinozoku said:
from my experiences with a Les Paul Studio, the bridge pickup does great for metal! Depends on how you use the axe though, I guess :)

LP is much brighter than this beast. My axe is stoner megamachine, but for metal lack trebles. Pickups are not everything. This is hundred year old, top quality very heavy mahogany wood.... sounds cool... but later I saw, that was not clever decision. With maple top, would be ultimate and universal, ... in this shape is "only" STONER :)
Doesn't the neck-through bring back some high end?
Those are maple stripes right? If those were also mahogany it would be extremely dark! (in tone;) )

m0jo said:
Those are maple stripes right? If those were also mahogany it would be extremely dark! (in tone;) )

Tell the truth, I am not so excited about necks through. Now I feel in the same level like preamp tubes (EHX is much better than JJ.... muhehe) and other absolutely unimportant details. But guitarists love these details!!! :) Much more, than really important things, ....btw training and other bullshits :)

Yes, these stripes are maple, but only two of them. Anyway I love this beast, it is very special... but not perfect for every style (this is why I have about 10 guitars, I?m choosing acording the purpose)

btw my new stoner project is just knocking on the heavy door :)

hyenik said:
m0jo said:

Tell the truth, I am not so excited about necks through. Now I feel in the same level like preamp tubes (EHX is much better than JJ.... muhehe) and other absolutely unimportant details. But guitarists love these details!!! :) Much more, than really important things, ....btw training and other bullshits :)

Yes, these stripes are maple, but only two of them. Anyway I love this beast, it is very special... but not perfect for every style (this is why I have about 10 guitars, I?m choosing acording the purpose)
I have to say I agree on that ;)
Played quite a lot of them and it doesn't work for me (also I kind of miss the heel :p )

I'm currently at 3 guitars :lol: doing my best haha

hyenik said:
Shinozoku said:

Ah, understood. This guitar is light Honduras Mahogany, 3 piece body with a maple top, set mahogany neck and ebony fingerboard. Hopefully it will have the edge and focus required to bring the crunch :D

1. nice guitar, building a one myself right now.... RG-Style and bolt-on neck with alder body....... :wink:

2. great clip and definitly (one of) my favourite(s)

by the way what do you use for drums and bass?

AND final and most important question: when is this mod available/when will there be more information on the homepage?
or equal question: when is 'end of 2010' as I presume you will update your website when your current load of work is done.....

sorry if my post occurs as a little bit unpatient. Just so many great mods that are not available atm. :)