SacredGroove Bogner fever

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacredGroove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been working on finishing up the work I still have around. These pics are CrankyRays Fisch and Mike Ps Ecstasy. The flash really makes the faceplates come alive, otherwise they're not normally that sparkly... :D

Fisch features both Strato and Brown channels, Tight (2-way), Shift (mid boost). Also has a dual blue/green LED to indicate active channel.

Ecstasy features Red, Blue, and Plexi channels, Structure (gain cut/boost), Pre-EQ (2 bright, 1 normal). Also has dual red/blue LED to indicate active channel.

fischecstasy.jpg

Lots of people are going to want that ecstacy after seeing this! Tons of options on it. Structure and tight switches... very interesting. What is structure?

Oh thanks Scott. Your out of commission and now I want to try
your Bogners. hahaha Look killer and man do they have the
switches. I hope to hear some cool clips of these. Thanks so
much for sharing! 8)

Thanks guys. I'm sure clips will be made by both, Mike and Ray. I'm interested to hear what they come up with.

I actually have quite a few of these Ecstasy/XTC mods around the world. I never did any kind of reveal for it, but my customers were familiar with my original version and ended up with this new LE version.
My original XTC only featured the red/blue/plexi channels and Structure, but then a Jaded Faith XTC came out with the same features, so I took mine a few steps further. :wink:

Must say I own both of these (my Fisch only has the strato switch though) and they are both killer modules with lots of options. They are keepers in my rig and will get plenty of use. Scott is great to deal with and I couldn't be more pleased with his work. Too bad he is out for a bit. Off to play through my Bogner clones.

Also interested in the "pre-eq" where the bright is. So someone's homework is to let us know what structure and pre-eq do! 8)

Kapo_Polenton said:
Also interested in the "pre-eq" where the bright is. So someone's homework is to let us know what structure and pre-eq do! 8)

Hey Kev, I edited the OP with descriptions of the features. Structure is actually a cut in gain, when disengaged. The drop in gain isn't drastic, but definitely noticeable. Standard gain is Structure engaged, and not considered a boost. The real Ecstasy amp has a boost feature in addition to the Structure.

Pre-EQ is a 3-way option that offers two different settings of brightness, and one setting for normal (bright Off). The stock bright switch is replaced with a on-off-on switch.

Hope that helps. :D

Pre-EQ is a 3-way option that offers two different settings of brightness, and one setting for normal (bright Off). The stock bright switch is replaced with a on-off-on switch.

:oops: Where is the icon for drooling? I LOOOOOOVE Bright options! less gain is also a great idea as sometimes it translates to too much fizz. Yet another great SG innovation! So now all we need is for you to have no life so you can get back to serving a community which goes through modules like dental floss..

Kapo_Polenton said:

:oops: Where is the icon for drooling? I LOOOOOOVE Bright options! less gain is also a great idea as sometimes it translates to too much fizz. Yet another great SG innovation! So now all we need is for you to have no life so you can get back to serving a community which goes through modules like dental floss..

Well, I can't take credit for the features on the EcstasyLE because they're all features found on a real Bogner Ecstasy amp. It's probably my favorite amp, so I tried to compliment it with as many real features as possible. This version has a 3-way tight switch that gradually increases low end starting from the top toggle position.

SacredGroove said:
Kapo_Polenton said:

Well, I can't take credit for the features on the EcstasyLE because they're all features found on a real Bogner Ecstasy amp. It's probably my favorite amp, so I tried to compliment it with as many real features as possible. This version has a 3-way tight switch that gradually increases low end starting from the top toggle position.

Maybe I should have let you convert my Red/Blue into the LE, but I just love it soooo much as is. I can't imagine it getting better for me. Maybe you can build me one if you come back to MTS modding. :)

Scott -

What upgrades did you do on Mike's LE? I know his was the first one so curious what he sent it on for upgrade wise, since mine was one of the earlier ones after his :)

Disciple said:
Scott -

What upgrades did you do on Mike's LE? I know his was the first one so curious what he sent it on for upgrade wise, since mine was one of the earlier ones after his :)

No upgrades, per se. I reconfigured the Boost to a 3-way, Tight/Loose switch. Mike wanted more versatility regarding the low end for his recording purposes. In hindsight, this feature is something I probably should've may standard because it presents more options for each channel. :D

drewiv said:
SacredGroove said:
Kapo_Polenton said:

Maybe I should have let you convert my Red/Blue into the LE, but I just love it soooo much as is. I can't imagine it getting better for me. Maybe you can build me one if you come back to MTS modding. :)

They're special modules, for sure. Converting yours to the LE wouldn't be too hard either. :D

Scott, if you never come back to the MTS world, you would be doing everyone a great diservice if you didn't share your mod in the DIY! We'll give you a year! :wink:

SacredGroove said:
Rod said:
Hi Scott. The XTC le is amazing. You did an XTC Blue for me last year. Any chance you could convert mine to an LE at some point?

Absolutely! :D Just give me a little time to get my things together.
Thanks a lot Scott... FWIW, your plexi mod you did for me is the best rhythum sound I've ever used..