Salvation, Friedman & Voodoo Amp Sound Clips

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

There have been so many questions about what each module sounds like, so I've linked examples below. I still need to record the Voodoo JMP, LoneClean and Mamba (my Mamba isn't functioning - Anthony's working with me to get it fixed on my end) and once those have been recorded, I'll post links as well.

Feel free to ask any questions and enjoy!

Dave Friedman Brown Eye: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/dirtyrose.mp3

Salvation Mods Angel: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/gardenofmystics.mp3

Salvation Mods Stonerverb: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/amberdaze.mp3

Voodoo UG Jose: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/kingofthesun.mp3

Voodoo Recto: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/demonsanddragons.mp3

Voodoo HG Jose: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/rr/runawaytrain.mp3

Voodoo UG Jose & Voodoo AC30: www.mikeplas.com/mlib/mr/emptyroom.mp3

I really dig the HG Jose mod!!! It is a really great Marshall kind of tone. According to Trace, he does the internal trim pots for gain on mods now and that would make the HG a killer, versatile mod. The Salvation Angel is just plain heavy as ****. I really appreciate the clips. I am still doing my research on modded modules and clips help out immensely. Thanks man. :D

Daryl said:
I really dig the HG Jose mod!!! It is a really great Marshall kind of tone. According to Trace, he does the internal trim pots for gain on mods now and that would make the HG a killer, versatile mod. The Salvation Angel is just plain heavy as f*&k. I really appreciate the clips. I am still doing my research on modded modules and clips help out immensely. Thanks man. :D

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words.

Daryl, even though I purchased my Voodoo Amps modified modules between April and June of this year, the AC30, HG Jose and UG Jose have two internal trim pots. The Rectifier and JMP (which I've yet to post) do not.

Trace marks "ideal" settings with a pen on the internal pots. I've set the AC 30 and the UG Jose to their minimum (making them much cleaner) but the HG Jose remains unchanged.

good work, nice to hear great samples.
my favourite are DF, Stonerverb and HG Jose

How did you get that bass tone? Love it.

Your entire mix sounds just perfect. What else do you use?

riff19 said:
How did you get that bass tone? Love it.

Your entire mix sounds just perfect. What else do you use?

Thanks, Dude!

For bass tracks, I use a Randall Iso cab with an Eminence B102 bi-directional speaker. It's mic'd with a Mojave 201 & a Audix i5 into a Vintech 1272, then to a Jeff Turzo Overstayer compressor. From there it goes into a Rosetta 800 (clocked to a DA16x), into Nuendo and is mixed through a Neve 8816 summing mixer with a Vintech 609ca compressor on the two buss.

The guitars are similarly mic'd with a Mojave 201 and a 57 into a Vintech 273>FMR PBC-6a>Rosetta>Nuendo.

The drums are Superior 2.0 that are bussed out to group channels, each with a Waves SSL Channel strip and reverb from a Lexicon LXP Native algorithm.

The bass on the tracks that are tuned to D# are a Fender '51 reissue P-Bass (Tele body) with a Badass bridge an SD Quarter pounder pickups. The tracks in C# are a '62 reissue Jazz with EMG's and a Gotoh bridge. Flatwounds on the '51, rounds on the '62.

Hey Mike, I saw you posted this track earlyer of the Stonerverb, have you got any other new stuff?
I really like the clips, just pure good tone :)

m0jo said:
Hey Mike, I saw you posted this track earlyer of the Stonerverb, have you got any other new stuff?
I really like the clips, just pure good tone :)

Thanks, Joris! I don't have any other tracks with the Orange at this point. I've got a lot of tracks that haven't been linked that feature the Angel but I've been working on orchestral tracks for the past several weeks and won't get back to guitar tracks until April.