Salvation PHISH mod

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvation

Reaction score
Introduced new modification.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8120316
phish_1.JPG

phish_2.JPG

phish_3.JPG

tehuk said:
That looks awesome! Any special features besides the noise gate?

No added features.
Only bright and gate.
It is straightforward module based on Brown channel which does not have features too.
It *only* sounds great.
:wink:

Sounds great, and looks kick *** as well.

How close is this mod. to the "shiver" setting on your XTC? They sound close.

The Phish is the Shiva preamp right?

alaskaehlers

alaskaehlers said:
Sounds great, and looks kick *** as well.

How close is this mod. to the "shiver" setting on your XTC? They sound close.

The Phish is the Shiva preamp right?

alaskaehlers

Phish brown channel and Shiver are technically very differrent.
The same difference is between Bogna Shiva and Fish Brown channel.
Biggest difference is gain structure - Shiva uses less gainstages ->result is less compresses sound.
Voicing of these two is different too.
But both are based on hotrodded Marshall sound
(like 80% of other amps:))

Man what would be great is if you could post a clip on some Cantrell tone.

By far my favorite Fish tone...bar none.

Brian(alaskaehlers)

i'm the owner of the module. i like AIC, i'm not a huge fan but they do have a few really good songs i have in my mp3 libary:)

i didnt get this module to replicate jerry's sound. i'm not familiar with his gear setup to try to replicate it and not inspired to try. not trying to sound like a jerk.

what i can say, i like this module alot. it has its own stand alone identity amongst two other bad @ss modules i have that are dedicated to hard rock/ metal rythem channels.

Well, considering Jerry used a modded Fish preamp with more gain, yours should be able to come **** close.

His tone comes from a modded JCM 800 that Bogner did for him in 90-91, this is what Bogner based the Fish preamp BROWN channel from. So yeah

I'm thinking(very hard) of having Anthony build me a modified version of his Phish mod(AKA Cantrell mod)...I love the tone of old A.I.C. albums. I have two XTC mods that I will be sending him...very soon.

Would LOVE to here a clip though :)

Brian(alaskagrown)

> alaska

i would think it could be dialed in. i'm just not familiar with JC's playing or rig. thats all, probably a sure bet also that it can be dialed in with other modules. he does sound awesome, and i love some of their heavier stuff.

in the process of wrapping up my rm100, finishing my mmpt upgrade today. clips, probably wont hear anything from me till middle of the winter in all honesty.

i did the output tran and choke this spring. that yielded a ton of clarity. the power tran is gonna be done tomorrow/sat and should improve the sound of the head somewhere. i'm not expecting the PT's contribution to be as dramatic. but i am expecting something.