Salvation Starz lowE test

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankyrayhanky

Reaction score
I profiled my Starz module with the Kemper...if I knew what I was doing today, I may have made the bass cap even tighter, but regardless I like the way it came out. I'm suddenly jonesing for an 8string, so I took my string down to a lowE for a trial run:

http://soundcloud.com/crankyrayhanky/lowe-test

Regardless of tuning, this Starz is my #1 - it's so clear, articulate, brutal, flexible...but always clear! I think there's just 3 out there: me, a Smakshing Pumpkin, and I saw one other guy here order one. It's unbelievable and way under the radar

I'm that other guy :)

It's a cool mod for sure! But it did take a bit of fiddling to get a handle on what each switch does when engaged as each combination really impacts the feel - I'm glad I went for the full meal deal on it, and have an idea it will be used with multiple settings depending on the gtr and what I'm playing.

Rolling the gain down delivers a super usable clean, and then it get heavy once it's past noon. The clean really surprised me!