Seeking direct clips for MTS project

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattfig

Reaction score
Bridgekeeper-holy-Grail.jpg

What is your name?
Mattfig

grail115.jpg

What is your quest?
Seeking DI tracks to re-amp an upcoming project. They must give me the same signal as the cable from your guitar and you must have the appropriate means capture and send them via email.

What the ****?
I know it's an odd request. It's a project in development that merely requires some DI tracks. You will then get a series of simple questions.

3718789722_8800a8f2a3.jpg

You will get some cool stuff in return. :wink: Nothing will be used publicly without your permission.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can PM or email [email protected] with inquiries. Answers will be short so there is an element of trust.

6424313619_bcbcc8e43d_z.jpg

DI tracks of what? A project including drums and bass, or just random noodling? I could give ya both...

Mattfig said:
wakeguitar said:
Send you DI tracks??? SH** YO CRAZY!!
why?
It feels wrong to record DI when I have MTS here also :)) No, I can't get it to sound as good as MTS direct... wish I could tho..

And also, I guess I kind of feel that when I try recording guitar, the module sound influences my playing styles. Just what I'm thinking about...

wakeguitar said:
Mattfig said:
wakeguitar said:
Send you DI tracks??? SH** YO CRAZY!!
why?
It feels wrong to record DI when I have MTS here also :)) No, I can't get it to sound as good as MTS direct... wish I could tho..

And also, I guess I kind of feel that when I try recording guitar, the module sound influences my playing styles. Just what I'm thinking about...

Totally understand. I feel that way too sometimes. :D

Weeellll.... Matt. You could always use the open source Mago/Lasse DI track people use to compare amps :p

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/f-o-h/711085-lasse-mago-di-pack-real-drums-backingtrack.html

I know I'd certainly like to hear as many different high gain tones set to the best image of their unique sounds and have this run through it :D

I wish I had some tracks. Due to my escapades into Axe-Fx II land, I was afforded some time with a VERY knowledgable and practiced IR person (lots of juicy math and science :D ). Since the Axe fell short for me, I went back to amps. But, I needed a quiet recording option. I am now using a speaker DI from my amps (load, when needed, on second speaker out, thereby not coloring the DI sound), and using IRs in my DAWquencer. The IRs I use are ones of my own cabs/speakers, using my mics and pres, so I am able to obtain results that are VERY close to what I would get via "live mic" recordings. I have done pretty extensive testing of this; comparing a DI + IR version to the same chain being recorded "live" (in the studio with the same mic, pre, etc) reveals very little difference.

Point of writing all of that? DI is not always "bad," especially when it is done well. IMO.

Shinozoku said:
Weeellll.... Matt. You could always use the open source Mago/Lasse DI track people use to compare amps :p

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/f-o-h/711085-lasse-mago-di-pack-real-drums-backingtrack.html

I know I'd certainly like to hear as many different high gain tones set to the best image of their unique sounds and have this run through it :D

That is a great idea. I'm not hip to all that stuff so thanks.

Latest posts