Sennheiser E906 or another E609 mic?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insightibanez

Reaction score
I'm on the fence as to what microphone I should get the Sennheiser E609 (which I already own) or the upgraded E906. If anybody has tried the E906 I would appreciate some feedback. -Thanks

I havent heard the 906 yet, but i like the older "409" the best. I use them alot. I am a touring monitor eng. Though, for live, Ive tried about everything there is, and I still prefer a 57 over all. especially on a closed back cab like a 4x12.

Theres a thread over on gearslutz.com with sound clips comparing these mics...off of those samples, the 906 seemed well worth the extra bucks due to the better quality and versatility

Thanks droptrd, and crankyrayhanky for your help. The microphone samples really helped me zero in on a decision. I decieded to go with the Sennheiser e906. I found that one to have abit more of a boost (fuller sound) and versitility, which will be good for recording my drums as well. I currently have 2x SM57, Senn. E609, and now with the e906 I should be ready to go. Thanks again guys, this forum is the best by far.... :D

get a Heil PR30, better then both for capturing a guitar amp. plus you will now have a different mic in your cabinet.

Get an MTS cab and blend the mic eliminator with your sennheiser.. :D

insightibanez said:
Thanks droptrd, and crankyrayhanky for your help. The microphone samples really helped me zero in on a decision. I decieded to go with the Sennheiser e906. I found that one to have abit more of a boost (fuller sound) and versitility, which will be good for recording my drums as well. I currently have 2x SM57, Senn. E609, and now with the e906 I should be ready to go. Thanks again guys, this forum is the best by far.... :D

LEMME BORROW IT!!!! :shock:

LEMME COME OVER AND RECORD TOO!!! :twisted: