SG: MK22 and Bully dual channel

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacredGroove

Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the classic/modern Marshall you'd ever need! :D

mk22dual3.jpg

bullydual1.jpg

Holy crap, the MK22 has evolved! What's going on with the vintage/modern switch?

Whoopysnorp said:
Holy crap, the MK22 has evolved! What's going on with the vintage/modern switch?

Yes it has, and it's probably overdue, as well. The VIN/MOD is a simple shift in the EQ from vintage JTM/"Plexi" EQ to modern JMP/JCM EQ. It's a simple mod, but a great addition to the MK22 that opens up the module for more variations.

The Boost option is toggling the "extra" tube stage in/out. This had been requested before, and I only added it, per request. I wanted to keep the MK22 as a simple and "true to the original" mod, but adding some extra gain helped push the 2204 mode into sustaining lead territory, as well as some heavier riffing.

Actually, Mike P and Jace had a bit of a hand in the inspiration to push the MK22 forward. Jace has a new version MK22MKII.

:D

Does the new design lend itself well to single channel modules as well? I suppose this isn't as much of a problem now that the duals can be made to work on single channel amps but not sure if you could jam those options into a single..

Kapo_Polenton said:
Does the new design lend itself well to single channel modules as well? I suppose this isn't as much of a problem now that the duals can be made to work on single channel amps but not sure if you could jam those options into a single..

Yes, the feature set here has been done on a single channel platform a few times already. Both single and dual channel mods sound the same and have the same vibe happening, as well.

Is it possible to retrofit an existing MK22 with the vintage/modern switch? The boost switch doesn't interest me as much because the 2204 gets more than enough gain for my tastes.

Whoopysnorp said:
Is it possible to retrofit an existing MK22 with the vintage/modern switch? The boost switch doesn't interest me as much because the 2204 gets more than enough gain for my tastes.

Yep, I can add that feature to your MK22. Let me know if you want to move forward with that.

The extra gain is cool, and not overbearing either. I just wanted to give it a kick in the ***, and others wanted enough gain to push it over the edge. But, not wanting the extra gain is totally cool too.

I just got my MK22II upgrade but haven't had a chance to play it yet. I hope to be able to mess with it over the weekend. If I manage to get the studio up and running, I'll make some recordings of it. But that may have to wait until next weekend.