• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Synergy/MTS Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Snag it alert

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alboz28

Reaction score
someone snag this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randall-RM4-RM-4-Preamp-4-Modules-Midi-Pedal-and-cable-/130971176361?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7e7d8da9

Why did you post it here? now it's gone, I was gonna buy it :x :lol:

Whoops... my bad..
I'm the guilty one... :-0
Thanks for the heads up!
We need to keep looking out like this for each other!!

BTW, never had one of these...
How the hell do I get it to work with my rm100??
I'll be able to choose between 7 modules now right?
.. I'm such a noob at this

Yeah if you buy more switching and midi gear you can use all 7 slots, but to make it work WELL it will be extra coin. You can always use the rm100s 3 slots, OR the rm4s slots through the serial return for an inexpensive route.

Well, I have a midi foot board.
Can't I just run midi thru it to switch channels? Then the output of the rm 4 to the serial return on the rm100?

I think if you just run the output into the serial return, you shut off any preamp in the RM100. Like you're using it as a power amp only and can't use the modules in the RM100 at that point. It's "either/or" like LunatiBSW said.

Mattfig said:
I will be doing a video very soon for a simple product from Kasha that will let you use all 7 modules together...And leave your serial loop open for use as it was intended...No mods necessary!

That's cool, I look forward to checking it out. But, any midi controlled audio switcher can do this. A GLab midi 2X is just over $100 and a used GRX4 is about $150 and you can still use an effect processor in the serial loop. I'm not sure why there is so much confusion about using a RM4 for in the loop of an amp? You need a switcher, that's all.

Cool, I have that cheapo behringer fcb1010 and can't figure out how to program it to save my life... why can't they just make it like turn every thing you want "on" ie amp channel, whatever effects you may want, then just push the **** foot switch and it'll store that "priest" .... why do I have to do all these global settings and addresses and what not... hell I can't even spell MIDI... I need someone to show me..once I see it, I can understand it... hell I'm a freaking engineer.... and I'm confused over it... :-(

Latest posts