Specs for 9V AC output jack on RM50

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveS

Reaction score
RD guys, I know Randall doesn't release schematics for their amps, but can you provide specifications? Specifically, I'm interested in the power rating of the 9V AC output that is used to power the reverb tank. For fun I rectified that output to produce 9V DC to power some effects units I keep near my amp. I'd like to know how much power (DC mA) I can safely bleed from this output for powering multiple effects. Thanks, Dave

Here' is the email from the techs who work in the service dept:

Bill, Allan and I (Kdog) agree in not doing that! I think Doug would too.

:shock:

We have an email in to Bruce to see what's possible...

Bummer. That would have been very convenient. I forgot to mention that I wanted to do this INSTEAD of powering the reverb circuit. Does that change the answer, or is this just a bad idea for the amp itself? Dave

Bruce, no I haven't seen your answer. I'm still interested though. I have a rectifier/filter built, but I haven't tested it under load (on the amp) because I don't know what the limitations/issues are for the 9 VAC supply. Thanks, Dave

Actually that's fine to do. That output is an isolated 9VAC tap off the power transformer. It is identical to the 9VAC output on the midi IN to power the pedals. It is fused inside so if something does go wrong, it will just blow the internal fuse. Spec is 9 volts AC at 1 AMP.