Spent the day locked in the sound room!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Well Frank and I spent the day doing R/D and let me tell you we had the baddest set up to date. We were running a new PAF style pu (secret designer) in a les paul and a Lamara strat with Seth Lover pu.

Modules being used, the SL2 and COD into a vintage 30 cab. After much tweaking with values, pots, tone bras, speakers, (Vintage 30, Heritage and 65's) volume and different positions in the room..We both said the set up we had was it. There was no way anyone would not have said thats it, that is the best hot rodded Marshall and the best hot rodded Fender! We had Hendrix /SRV nailed...think Voodoo Child live. We had BB King, to Clapton. We had EVH to Dokken. We had Jazz to Country with these 2 modules only. My ears hurt...but what a session...

To guys having issues with effects...get rid of them all and just buy a 2290. Frank finally bought one and brought it in and once you put it into the mix, like we did, there is no effect that anyone can put togther that comes close. I mean you spend 2K on the amp, spend 2k on the effects..not the standard 1/10 of the amp purchase price......Robin ford hauls one around!

Out of our day came some new ideas about what to do next and let me tell ya it will just flat out floor you!

More to come....

Thanks for this info. So you guys did go with the V30s with this set up or which speakers?
what are some ideas that is ok to post here?

Very cool. How do the cleans on the COD sounds compared to say the T/D?

EWSEthan said:
hilly1212 said:
Out of our day came some new ideas about what to do next and let me tell ya it will just flat out floor you!

Statements like this scare my wallet.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA lol :D Statements like that cause divorce............

so what cab(s) where you guys using? I'm hoping maybe by this Christmas santa will come with a Mod 50... :D ...if not, maybe the easter bunny...

Yesterday it was the Vintage 30 cab..today the 65 loaded cab sounded good. Today my cab loaded with the Warehouse Speakers (vintage 30's) sounded incredible!

jarrett said:
Very cool. How do the cleans on the COD sounds compared to say the T/D?
Well the COD has a real nice Twin vibe on the top end..big and full but not top end heavy or sizzling. We dialed in the a channel pretty clean, nice Jazz tone..Channel B was killer blues tone to Awesome classic rock tone. The awesome thing about the COD is it is full and very articulate gain, yet it still cuts. There is the missing Marshall mid thing but there is no sizzle to it at all. When you try to dial out the sizzle on the SL 2 it always sounded like a blanket was over the speakers. So we need to cross mojonate the Marshall and Fender eq's!