Switching 2 channel Egnater Module in Randall RM50 possible?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReddyTones

Reaction score
Hi, I'm still a bit of a noob, here & too using my Randall RM50. Long story short, I bought the RM50 used, no footswitches, no manual (I got the manual online)... awesome deal, $200 with a Blackface & a 1086. Downside, it looks like crap, needs to be recovered, it was Palomino, now with Sharpie Tribal "artwork" on it.
I just bought an Egnater COD dual channel, from pfapin (Chad) so now I need to figure out a way to switch the 2 channels. Right now it's set to Channel B and the channel button on the RM50 only switches modules.
I imagine (since I don't have one yet) that the Randall foot switch will not accomplish this... so can I use an Egnater foot switch?
Any help to get me started would be great... and worse case scenario I only get to use a single channel on this awesome module... I'm only getting one on each Randall module anyway.
Thanks!

Rob (Jaded Faith) or Egnater can add a switch to the front of the module, to allow you to access the other channel. BUT, it won't be foot-switchable.

Hey,

Out of the box the dual channel modules can only be used on one channel in the Randall amps (B I think) - not great as you are finding out.

However there is some help at hand you can have the module modded by either Bruce Egnater or Rob at Jaded Faith to have a switch that will allow you to choose which channel is in use.

The limitation here is that you cannot footswitch this, like you can in the Egnater amps (M4, Mod50, Mod100), so you have to manually chose the channel in use - hope that makes sense?

Here are some of my dual modules all with an extra switch (the one on the far right):

18112012016.jpg

Think it's about $30 to get the switch fitted by either Bruce or Rob - hope that helps, any questions let us know!

Ross

webrthomson said:
Hey,

Out of the box the dual channel modules can only be used on one channel in the Randall amps (B I think) - not great as you are finding out.

However there is some help at hand you can have the module modded by either Bruce Egnater or Rob at Jaded Faith to have a switch that will allow you to choose which channel is in use.

The limitation here is that you cannot footswitch this, like you can in the Egnater amps (M4, Mod50, Mod100), so you have to manually chose the channel in use - hope that makes sense?

Here are some of my dual modules all with an extra switch (the one on the far right):

18112012016.jpg

Think it's about $30 to get the switch fitted by either Bruce or Rob - hope that helps, any questions let us know!

Ross

So webrthomson, are you using the dual channel modules with a Randall?

I use them with both my Egnater Mod50 and a Randall RM22 - in the Randall you need to manually switch if needed - I only do this between songs though so for me it's not a biggy.

Bruce Egnater can also mod your RM100 for you so that duals are switchable via midi - but since there is no midi in the RM50 this mod is not an option for that amp!

Ross

(sorry to double the pictures... see noob at work :roll: )

Thanks for the info guys. I will look into having the switch added. Probably going to contact Rob about my 1086 anyway... don't care much for what I'm getting out of it.
Thanks

No bother - any questions feel free to fire away!

Rob's your man - he'll talk you through what you want from your 1086 and if you need it fully modded into something else or just base modded to tweak it to your liking!

I'd do it soon though as JF are off to the LA amp show on the 5/6 October and lead times will go up a bit after that :)

Welcome to the boards! Everything here is accurate, from the inability of the Randall switching system to allow access to both channels to the optional add on switch for $30. Email me and I'll be happy to explain either over the phone or in email. Same goes for your 1086.

As webrthomson noted, we'll be on the west coast next week and turnaround times can skyrocket in the wake of a show. Let's touch base ASAP to get into the front of the line now.

All the best,
Rob