Thanks Scott SacredGroove!

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ampoholic

Reaction score
I have an RM 100C. I play mostly heavily over-driven and/or distorted music. I didn?t want to give up 1 of 3 slots to a clean channel since I don?t use one very often. I have a modded Plexi that has a switch to go from Plexi to Brown. I love it! But I thought if the Plexi mode were just a bit cleaner, it would be perfect for my clean channel. And if it had a mid shift it might even get (somewhat) close to acoustic sounding.

I contacted SacredGroove and sent him my module. He did EXACTLY what I wanted, he did it quickly and the price was VERY reasonable.

So the Plexi channel now goes from pretty **** clean (Volume up, gain down) to heavy overdrive (Volume down, gain 10), think early Zeppelin rhythm. Oh, and he didn?t change the Brown side other than a bit less gain. It still freakin? rules! AND when the tone shift is on with the Brown channel, it kinda sounds like the old 1086 mid-shift (as I remember it), only on steroids!

This is now a nearly perfect module!

Thanks again Scott!

That's a great idea! I've been in the same boat....I started using the Gigmods JTM live, it can get clean, but then can also get ACDC dirty

Porbably should have stayed the course with an rm4 setup- 4 modules tones I'd like live:
Clean
Dirty
Hi Gain Rhythm
Hi Gain Lead

Even though I have the RM4 I have 3 high gain modules & a cleanish module. My remedy is to set the Tweed so I get a relatively clean tone. Then when I want that slightly dirty/bluesy overdrive, I'll hit it with an OD. I know, it's an old "trick" but it works.

I still say go with an RM4 or 2 or 3 or... you get the idea. :lol:

What Fred/ampoholic wanted was WAY less expensive than trying to turn over an amp head for a preamp/power amp set up. I agree, that a RM4 would be more practical, but what I did for Fred should work out really good for him, especially since his "clean" Plexi channel doesn't get used as often as the other modules.

Thanks for posting Fred and I'm glad it worked out for you. :wink: