The New Salvation MDA Boards Part 2

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got MDA boad for my RM50 yesterday, kinda nervous opening the amp :lol: Any other safety tips? don't want to get shock. Where do I put my voltmeter? I just want to make sure caps are fully drained before I start working.
Thanks inadvanced!

Anomaly said:
Got MDA boad for my RM50 yesterday, kinda nervous opening the amp :lol: Any other safety tips? don't want to get shock. Where do I put my voltmeter? I just want to make sure caps are fully drained before I start working.
Thanks inadvanced!

To be honest, you won't need to measure the voltage until you bias again...None of the upgrade process is difficult but it might take you a little bit to wiggle the amp outta that woodshell...If you just follow the instructions there should be no risk to you whatsoever...Now, if you decide to lick capacitors or something, you might find trouble.. 8) But, trust me, doing this upgrade will be the best thing you have done for your amp and you will look back on it and say it was easy...

JUST LABEL THOSE CONNECTORS!!! Good luck and please post questions!

Finally got it installed! struggled a bit puttings screws on the new board :lol:

Wow!! sound so much better than the stock presence/density board.. Presence fizz is gone, thicker low mids & tighter low end.. Feels like a new amp!!

For a novice like me, I could have not done this install myself without watching Matt's video!
Thanks Mr Fig!!!

Anomaly said:
Finally got it installed! struggled a bit puttings screws on the new board :lol:

Wow!! sound so much better than the stock presence/density board.. Presence fizz is gone, thicker low mids & tighter low end.. Feels like a new amp!!

For a novice like me, I could have not done this install myself without watching Matt's video!
Thanks Mr Fig!!!

You are very welcome sir! Congrats...I share your excitement over the MDA boards...Massive improvement and sooo worth the effort to do!

Thought I asked this before but must not have... The pot pushed in is just the factory setting, right?

warlok said:
Thought I asked this before but must not have... The pot pushed in is just the factory setting, right?
Is there a way to reverse the push/pull behavior? From what I've been reading, the new circuitry sounds so good that I would normally want it engaged. So for normal operation it'd be nice if the pot stayed pushed in.

drewiv said:
I was wondering if it worked too. Going in and messing with these boards didn't have me too worried, I didn't need to go close to anything powered. If I was digging deeper I would certainly discharge them with my resistor tool I got from the Egnater siminar.

Hey guys,

For this job, that method is safe...If you were planning on exploring inside the amp on your own, I would suggest a more technical drain...

Thanks for watching!

I like that the amp even sounds better in the 'pushed in' setting.....pulling the pot out, it's like having a whole new tone palette available...wait, that sounded a bit dodgy :)