Thinkin about getting a line 6 m9 lookin for some info

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duffrouillard

Reaction score
Hey guys Its true but can anyone point me to a good thread on how to hook up to my rm100 and just what it does. I just need some good info before i drop 300 big ones thanks alot
duff

You can run the M9 directly into the input. If you want it in the loop then you need a line level shifter. Ebtech has a small two channel one that works well.

You need a -15 db pad to use it in the effects loop (Radial Pro DI, or EBTech Line Level Shifter). Otherwise it's a great unit. The only complaint I've heard from people who got it is that they wish they'd gotten the M13, since it's just a smaller version of the M-13. Tonally for the effects it has it's identical to the M-13. There is no shorting of components, they just cut back on the number of effects and made it smaller. If you don't use a ton of effects this could be a good thing.

One other note on the M9 vs. M13 is that you cannot run the 4 cable method with the M9. The 4 cable method allows you to run compressors, overdrives, filters, wahs and modulation effects before the preamp and keep the reverb modulations and time-based effects after the preamp.

So if you are planning to use it just for the Modulation/Delay/Reverb, keep it in the loop. If you want all of the effects, run it straight into the amp. The Mod/Delay/Reverb may not sound good into a high-gain channels this way.

Make sure you go to Line6.com and read the advanced manual. I'm using an M13 with my Mod50 and liking it so far.

If you can swing it the m13 is the way to go between these. I am running an m13 with the 4 cable method with my Lynch Box. The versatility is the shining point. The effects are pretty **** nice. Some things are little weak, distortions, wahs and the uni-vibe. The wahs are usable but I don't like having to step on a separate button to engage. I don't use the distortions at all but the overdrives are very usable. The delays and verbs are very good.

I do use an external wah, a Morley Bad Horsie, and my polytuner as a tuner.