TOP BOOST vs SUPER V vs EGNATER VX ?

Synergy/MTS Forum

Help Support Synergy/MTS Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MYDEMISE

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these? Comments on their tonal differences? I have only heard the VX and was floored.

sure , i have S/V and Top Boost

super V absolutly Rocks - it is my cleaner tone live . very chimey lot's of usable gain but not as much as the Top boost ---

Super V tone is very clear .. i'd imagine it is close to the VX ... all Lynch mods are outstanding in terms of tone ...

i use the top boost as a medium gain rock mod ... and it's cool sounding
the TB does not clean up as nice as the super v thou ...

but it all depends on what you want those mods for .. i'm not looking for a super clean mod -- that's why the Super V works well for me .. i want a bit break up in my clean tone ... and the Top Boost to me is just a shimme'r version of a Marshall anyway's , as the proper power section and speaker are not there for the true vox tone ..none the less .. TB/ Super V are one of my fave mods

cheers

http://mtsforum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?p=43140
top boost on the way

..I never tried a SuperV..but my TB is great. And I agree with the poster who said that it can never be a true Vox sound because the power amp and speakers arent quite right...but it is a great sound on its own.
I wont so far to say its like a Marshal..but I can understand how a person would say that. To me it half way between a clean fender tone and a Marshall..and very playable.
I wish I had a superV....maybe when I get some money.

I run my rig in stereo and had the VX and clean running together and talk about wide dimensional sound WOW! I tried alot of combinations as well as blackface / Egnater TD / VX / TWEED. The others sound a tad similar but the clean and vx are so different that it gives a great wide spectrum. My randall only allows me to use one side of the Egnater though at the moment.

I don't have experience with the top boost or super v, but I've got the VX and it's a real rich tone. The clean side has a lot of depth, chime and the B channel gets a great overdrive. I use it with my strats and humbuckers and it gets great tones. Different from the Marshall growl and different enough from fender gain - its own unique bite.

I plan to experiment with some different tubes that have been recommended to improve the tone even more...5771 in V1 and tung sol in V2...

I ended up getting a super v. It is not as good as the egnater vx but suits my needs at the moment. I think it sounds really good mixed with the clean or blackface in stereo.

Latest posts